ROCKY RACCOON 100 MILE RUN - RACE REPORT

superconducting
on 2/8/10 9:00 pm - Montgomery, NY
 Got up this morning and thought that I really wanted to skip my long run today.. then I read this... dude, now I gotta do an even longer run today.  You rock!  

Katari
on 2/8/10 10:18 pm - OR
Dan - Thanks for posting your race report. You truely are an inspiration! That course looks pretty brutal once you start getting tired. You did a great job, and I can't wait to see you take it on again next year and finish!!
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

jet03
on 2/8/10 10:20 pm - Canada
Dan, you da man fo sho!

What an increadible experience, one made even richer by sharing with those closest to you; that is so awesome. I wish you a speedy recovery my friend.

You are an inspiration to us all; giddy up!

Jet

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wxRQRwT/weight.png">>

mcarthur01
on 2/8/10 10:23 pm - Cumming, GA
you had me choking up brother with this one.  what a great experience, you are definitely one tough sum*****  i don't know if i have the stones to attempt something like this, but reports like this plant little seeds.  i think i'll start w/ the marathon :)
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

niffer1283
on 2/8/10 10:30 pm - Richmond, IN
Thanks for the inspirational story, Dan. Congratulations on your accomplishment!

Jenny
He is ill clothed that is bare of virtue. ~~ Benjamin Franklin

RNY 05/29/2008
http://www.jensgyrations.blogspot.com

Seht
on 2/9/10 12:17 am
Congrats Dan!
That sounds like an epic day, and you handled it with class and strength of mind and body.
Best wishes to you and your family.  I hope you have a speedy recovery from the race.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

morgansmommy
on 2/9/10 2:32 am - Gig Harbor, WA
WOW!!! Thanks for sharing. The pictures really helped to tell the story. You are truly inspirational to others.
Mary
Linn D.
on 2/9/10 4:22 am - Missoula, MT
Dan,

Thanks so much for sharing this experience.  Life is what you make it, and when there's love to boot, how can anyone ask for more.

Linn 
Hawgman
on 2/9/10 9:21 pm - TX
Dan,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the rest of us.

I count my self lucky to have you as a friend.

Darrell
siannamay
on 2/9/10 10:19 pm - Waltham, MA
This is an incredible story.. Loved reading it!!  I'll tell you this, my journey has become more about getting physically fit then losing weight.. I look at the weight loss as a side effect.. A great side effect!!!   I'm in the gym 5 times a week now and Hiking on the weekends.  I want to do so much more but as far as progress goes, I'm pretty slow... Just making the commitment is key for me.  I have goals... fitness goals that I hope to achieve... Your story was an inspiration and I'll tell you it got me excited about what I'm doing with my life...  There is hope.. Thank you

S

"There is a road, no simple highway,
Between the dawn and the dark of night,
And if you go no one may follow,
That path is for your steps alone."
  -Robert Hunter

Most Active