Achilles Tendon Problem

tripletdad7
on 2/9/10 4:40 am

For the past 2 weeks, I have been pumped about starting an exercise plan.  However, due to the recent snow that we have had in Indiana, I am having throbbing pains in my achilles tendon. (This has been a reoccurring thing since a vehicle accident in late 2008.)  I have been doing my physical therapy, but wonder if what I should or shouldn't do as far as exercise.  Right now, my exercises include walking, push ups, squats and whatever else I can throw in. 

Looking for ideas for recovery and what exercises I should and shouldn't do.  Anyone here have the problem with the achilles?

niffer1283
on 2/9/10 5:32 pm - Richmond, IN
Do you have access to a pool? Swimming or water aerobics would put a lot less stress on your tendon and give you a great workout.

Jenny
He is ill clothed that is bare of virtue. ~~ Benjamin Franklin

RNY 05/29/2008
http://www.jensgyrations.blogspot.com

tripletdad7
on 2/9/10 9:34 pm

Unfortunately, I do not.  I am on a very low budget exercise regime.  Walking, stairs, pushups, squats, etc.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/10/10 10:15 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I would ask this question to your physical therapist ans he / she knows your details better than we do... Congrats on getting after it and gaining your fitness...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

tripletdad7
on 2/11/10 12:46 am
I need to clarify.  I am not currently in Physical Therapy, but am trying to follow the same exercises that they gave me when I was going there.
Most Active