having to wait.

vivatious1
on 2/7/10 9:42 am
I had surgury in August last year and my doctor said to walk. I didn't do much of anything so started out walking one mile and worked up to two. He wants me to do three but I am going to have to work up to that. I can do a twenty min. mile so I think I am doing ok right now I walk for 40 min. I hope to do3 and the full hour soon. He won't let me start situps till after my next appointment. I am losing weight everywhere but in my abs. It is driving me crazy. That is where I want to lose the most. Hoping that he will ok it so I can start doing crunches.
Linn D.
on 2/7/10 11:05 am - Missoula, MT
Everyone loses weight differently, so don't be too concerned about the waistline just yet.  You're not going to be able to rush things, so try to just be patient and let your body work itself out as you lose.  

Exercise in general is beneficial but as far as leading you to lose weight in specific places, it just doesn't work that way.  I'm still a large-waisted person, but I'm fit so that's good enough for me.  

Just follow your surgeon's directions and take it one day at a time.  You're not in a sprint, it's a lifelong commitment.  Build good new habits now and you'll have success in the long run.

Linn 
niffer1283
on 2/7/10 6:15 pm - Richmond, IN
What Linn said! Also, you might ask him about swimming. It utilizes all of your muscles, including your abs, and it doesn't put undue stress on anything.

Jenny
He is ill clothed that is bare of virtue. ~~ Benjamin Franklin

RNY 05/29/2008
http://www.jensgyrations.blogspot.com

Most Active