It's HERE!!!!

bubbalooloo
on 2/5/10 9:44 pm
Well, I don't often post on this board, but I read religiously and you all have been a great inspiration.  In a little bit over an hour, I will be on my way to my first 'race' EVER.

I am down 140 pounds, I am incredibly strong and I have really good endurance.  I have had bumps along the way (hasn't everyone)  and I've been at a wicked stall since November (I don't know if you can call it a stall..... body fat % has decreased a lot, but weight has stayed exactly the same).

But..... I came into this game at 333 pounds; I could barely walk around the block or chase after my two year old, let alone even THINK about working out.

Fast forward to today.....I work out seven days a week; I do Body Pump classes twice a week (with some serious weight on the bar), and I chase after both of my children without thinking twice about it.

And now, I am leaving for the Tackle the Tower Challenge.... it's 37 flights of stairs to the top of one of the downtown buildings.  I've been training hard and running lots of stairs.  I know I won't be first, but I also know that I'm going to finish and will just be proud I participated.  I'm nervous, excited and scared all at the same time.  Wish me luck, and I will be sure to check in when it is over!

Lisa
niffer1283
on 2/5/10 10:04 pm, edited 2/5/10 10:12 pm - Richmond, IN

Neat, I've never heard of a stair climbing challenge...that WILL be challenging. Climbing stairs was one of the hardest things for me to do when I weighed 365 lbs....it's a lot easier now! I sure couldn't climb 37 flights though...best of luck!

Jenny

He is ill clothed that is bare of virtue. ~~ Benjamin Franklin

RNY 05/29/2008
http://www.jensgyrations.blogspot.com

merowassa
on 2/5/10 10:45 pm
That's so great!   Good luck!
sunni1974
on 2/5/10 10:53 pm
 That is inspiring and sounds like a great challenge.  Good Luck and look forward to hearing how it went!

326 start weight 280 day of surgery        
Katari
on 2/5/10 11:08 pm - OR
Sounds like a great first "race"!! Congrats on all your successes!! Let us know how your race went!!
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

jet03
on 2/6/10 1:03 am - Canada
That's awesome Lisa; good luck in the race and enjoy the accomplishment.

Jet

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wxRQRwT/weight.png">>

Katie H.
on 2/6/10 1:40 am - Charlton, MA
Those people who run stairs are crazy!  The guy who has the course record at the Empire State Building run up did it in 9:33.  That's 86 flights in 9 1/2 MINUTES!!!!!!!  The women's record is 11:23 - still crazy! I couldn't even image running up stairs that fast!

37 seems so much more do able!  Good luck!! Let us know how you did!!

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

Cassie W.
on 2/6/10 2:17 am
Awesome Lisa!  Enjoy your challenge, knowing that you've trained hard and are prepared to kick butt!

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

bubbalooloo
on 2/6/10 3:00 am
Ok, so here it is.... I SURVIVED!!!  My goal was to finish in under 10 minutes and I came in at 9:03!!!  I was very excited..... it was by far, the hardest thing I have ever done, and I am very proud that I did it.  You're right... some of them were crazy.  There was a guy there with five race numbers.... he did it FIVE TIMES.  Why?!?!

I'm ready to move on to bigger and better things and work at improving my time over last year!

Lisa

Katari
on 2/6/10 3:34 am - OR
Great job!!!
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Most Active