Saturday Workouts

jet03
on 2/6/10 1:04 am - Canada
Ran 7 miles on the tm this morning; followed that up with 15 minutes in the sauna. My favorites Saturday workout.

Jet

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wxRQRwT/weight.png">>

Katie H.
on 2/6/10 1:32 am - Charlton, MA
Ran 4.4 outside and stretched.  I love Saturday workouts as well! :)

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

Cassie W.
on 2/6/10 2:20 am
Good morning,

Today was a 45-minute spin class and day 3 of the push-up challenged,

followed by:
3 sets each of:
leg press
standing lat pull-down
step-ups
seated row
hamstring curl
captain's chair leg raise

Cassie

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Katari
on 2/6/10 2:31 am - OR
I am heading out to go swimming. I'm going to experiment with the idea of doing laps....if I don't drown first. Then I'll do a short run this afternoon.

Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

mcarthur01
on 2/6/10 3:24 am - Cumming, GA
rest day today... trying to figure out how i'm going to survive my long run on the TM tomorrow morning (17 miles) :)
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

bwburgin1015
on 2/6/10 4:29 am - NC

Intervals...stair master-5-3 minute intervals at 60steps per minute...Intermingled with walking/running on the treadmill. 

Lisey
on 2/6/10 5:01 am - Milwaukee suburb, WI

Did 45 minutes of conditioning class - we use kettle bell weights & rotate different things to keep heart rate elevated in between going back to "original" muscle group, followed by 10 minutes of yoga stretching - whatever style that's called, I have no idea.

Did another 45 minutes of jiu jitsu with one of the guys there.  I really like rolling during open mat on Sat - there's not that many people (err, guys) there & so I can really take advantage of asking questions immediately following a roll.  I have found that to be really helpful. 

I GOT MY FIRST GUY TO TAP OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple rolls after that, I was on top & he got the shins of his legs underneath my body to flip me off & I positively flew through the air.  Landed, oh, around 8 feet away.  Think he might have been a little ticked off that the girl got him to tap out????  Damn good thing those are 2 sets of top of the line mats stacked ontop of each other!  Instructor said it cost $10k to cover the floor

But, just to reiterate my joy of today . . .

I GOT MY FIRST GUY TO TAP OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took me 6 weeks to do it, but I DID IT

Psst!  You KNOW I put that in PINK for a reason!!!

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

Rob S.
on 2/6/10 7:12 am - DE
We were in a state of emergency all day, so all I did today was a lot of shoveling.  26" is a lot of snow for us.
Rob
Sherry_Berry
on 2/6/10 9:50 am - Dacula, GA

somehow managed to learn how to do butterfly today w/o getting out of breath!

Kathy P.
on 2/6/10 10:41 am - Port Orchard, WA
Did my 2 mile run (without any walking or slowing down) and took a minute off time. Then came home, stretched real good to take care of my runners knee. Later took my Jack Russell out for a 2 mile brisk walk. Didn't want to overdo before 5K tomorrow.
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Most Active