Cast off yay!! Problem not fixed boo!

beckipoohbear
on 2/4/10 2:00 am - AZ

So I got my cast off this morning after two weeks in a walking cast.  The theory was it would force me to rest my foot and hopefully fix my tendon issues, whatever they may be.  However, even while I was in the cast the trouble areas on my foot would fire up and my groin area where I sometimes feel a strain started to hurt more than normal.  I began to wonder if perhaps the foot wasn't the problem, but was actually a symptom of the groin stuff.  Talked about this all with the podiatrist and he agreed I probably ought to go see a sports doc.  Of course I live 3 hours from the nearest metro area where there is one available.  Anyway, picked a random doctor off my insurance list that I could at least find a couple of reviews on and they were able to get me an appointment for next week when I'm going to be up in Phoenix.

Here's hoping they have some answers b/c I am dying to get back to running!  I'm going to get back into the pool to swim and do water aerobics this week and I will try to stay away from running but y'all know how hard that is :)

Rebecca

3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

Seht
on 2/4/10 10:13 am
That sucks, sorry you had to go through that just to find out it wasn't the problem.

Good luck with the sports Doc, hopefully you will get some results there.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MacMadame
on 2/4/10 2:21 pm - Northern, CA
Yeah, I know exactly how hard it is!

I could have gotten better faster if I'd taken it easier in the beginning. But it's so hard to take it easy!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

wjoegreen
on 2/5/10 2:00 am - Colonial Heights, VA
What a bite in the buns!!!  Keep after them til they figure it out.  Its no fun hurting.  I had to go through 3 orthos before I got one that figured out how to fix my hip cause they couldn't see anything significant on the C-Scans, x-rays, and MRIs.  He did an exploratory lap and found 3 things (Bone spur, loose cartalidge, and arthritic spot he ground off).
Getting yourself repaired is definitely the priority.  We'll be here. 
Thanks for the update and letting us know how you're doing.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Most Active