Gym plan

cwiller
on 2/1/10 1:07 am - Pasco, WA
SO .....I love to work out and I haven't been as good a girl as I should be. I know that's a bucket full of guilt. I am looking for some ideas on a workout plan for the gym that will help me get into better shape. I am open to suggestions.

Christie 

DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/1/10 4:10 am - Fort Worth, TX
Some suggestions I have would be to lift weights, cardio, swimming, group classes, yoga, spinning, balance training, etc...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

merowassa
on 2/1/10 9:03 am
I really like the "Couch to 5K" plan on the treadmill because it can really grow with you as your fitness level increases.  At first, you can do intervals of walking and walking fasting, then walking fast and jogging, then jogging and running...you get the idea.  I've been cycling through the 8/9 week plan for months at different speeds and inclines and I'm still not bored with it. 

If you happen to be an iPhone/iTouch user, you can download an app that will run the intervals right over your own playlist.

Good luck!

-Meg
cwiller
on 2/1/10 1:08 pm, edited 2/1/10 1:16 pm - Pasco, WA
Thank you both!!!

I do have am Iphone Meg. They really do have an app for everything. What is the name of the app?

correction......I found it :-) 

Christie 

merowassa
on 2/2/10 9:59 am
Great!  There are a couple out there but the one I use is "C25K."  It has a few bugs-- like it stops running if you get a text and you have to manually go back to the app-- but I really do love it.  Hope you enjoy it, too!
Most Active