anybody up for a challenge

Seht
on 1/31/10 2:22 pm
http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

The 100 pushup challenge?
I have always sucked at doing pushups and that was confirmed by my initial test into the program tonight.  I managed 4 crummy good form pushups.

The goal is 100 consecutive pushups.   By the end of this 6 week training program,
you will be able to do at least 100 consecutive pushups.  Or so the story goes.

Anybody else wanting to take on a challenge with me?
The site demonstrates what they consider a good form pushup, and it eases you into the program.  I would call this the couch25k program for pushups.
They have all the charts and weekly plans available online.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Scott William
on 1/31/10 8:15 pm
I'd love to but I have to sit this one out.  A level 3 shoulder seperation will keep me on the shelf.  I did 40 once in front of a lietuenant who didn't think that I could when I was at the training academy for my current job.  I was about 300 at the time and he was skeptical that I would make it through the academy.  I actually ended up respecting the guy.  I hope someone takes you up on the challange.  It is a good one.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
bwburgin1015
on 1/31/10 9:11 pm - NC
I'll have to pass on this one as well, only due to the current goal of finishing P90X in addition to my training for the Fire Department test.  Maybe in a couple months when I finish P90X I'll give this one a shot!

superconducting
on 1/31/10 10:51 pm - Montgomery, NY
I know for me the best motivation is always when somoene says that I can't do something.. so that said..  having spent some time in the army where number of pushups in 2 minutes (without knee****ting the ground) was part of the PT test, I can tell you I did a lot of pushups back in the day trying to up that number (since not only was a minimum of 42 required, but the more you do, the higher the score which factored into promotions and such)...   That said, I was doing a lot more pushups than even in this program on a regular basis, and the most I ever got to was probably 60 or so, and that was a lot lighter and younger than I am now.. hence, this is a pretty big challenge...  

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/31/10 11:24 pm - Fort Worth, TX

"Woody" or Woodman on the forum is on this challenge, and he is a friggin beast.... I am getting up there in pushups but nowhere near 100, so, count me in!!!!!! I will start next week after my race this weekend, as I anticipate not being able to use my legs for some time....

Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/31/10 11:37 pm - Fort Worth, TX
On post-op PRs site, I have created a "Sticky" message thread to track our starting points and progress in the Post_Op PRs forum. Let's start today!!! When I get home from work I will see where to start... I am pretty sure I am between 15-20, but we will see....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Seht
on 1/31/10 11:40 pm
Well I know I have always been terrible at pushups, and that's why I thought this would be a great challenge.  Hell if I could do 10 consecutive proper pushups, that would be 100% improvement over what I have done in the past.

Good luck everyone. 
I'll try to remember to put up a post each monday and see how people are doing.
No numbers necessary, just to see if anybody is making progress.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

imkim
on 2/1/10 1:56 am - Chatsworth, CA

Scott,

I'm in.  I have been thinking about adding push ups to my work outs.  This is a good challenge for me.  I will check it out tonight. 

Kim

This includes my pre-surgery weight

firerobz
on 2/1/10 2:45 am
I am on week 3 of this program.  It works very well but the rest of the workouts are taking a back seat to this,  You are spent and am having trouble doing pullups while working on the 100 pushups!!  I hope to get there y week six.
puddin2day
on 2/1/10 3:10 am - Los Angeles, CA
Count me in.  I was looking at this site a couple of weeks ago. 

Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Most Active