Pronation

ria91351
on 1/29/10 7:54 am
Hi

I'm new to this site and I hope someone can answer this question for me. 

I have an extreme right foot pronation and a slight left foot pronation. I seem to recall reading somewhere that there are exercises to help strengthen the ankles and help the pronation decrease.  Can someone let me know which exercises these are?

Thank you

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/29/10 3:25 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Calf raises can help, but some orthotics or arch supports will help to control it... Along with a good stability shoe with motion control. Best of luck and welcome...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Lisey
on 1/29/10 10:29 pm - Milwaukee suburb, WI
This is what actually made me stop jogging a couple of years ago.  I also was told that calf raises would help - put the first portion of your foot on the overhang of a step (preferably the last step! so you don't have far if you stumble).  Extend your heels downwards & do raises onto your toes.  If or when you are strong enough, do them on one foot.  Do a small # the first time you do them because you don't want to overdo it & cause a flare up, they suck, as I'm sure you know.  Build up your strength.

Scrunch your toes up so that your entire foot contracts together (heels towards toes).  You can even do these while sitting with your feet in your shoes.

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

Most Active