Calories In vs. Calories Out

PamelaDV
on 1/28/10 1:30 am - Apex, NC

I am about 13 months out and i have been stalled for the last 3-4 months in my weight loss.  I have become an avid runner - running 3-4 times a week (that's all my knees can handle) and have built up to runnint 15-20 miles a week and I am increasing that distance as I am training for a half marathon.  I track my food on The Daily Plate and I take in about 1500 calories a day - burning down to 1000 on the average day (lower on the weekends when I do my longer runs).  Am I not taking in enough calories?  As many of you can relate - the thought of upping my calories any more scares me.  My instinct is to restrict my caloric intake even more.  I want to loose 25-30 more pounds.

Also, do you have Go Wear or Body Bug and what do you like or dislike about it?

Thanks,

Pam

PamelaDV   Join me on my journey www.pameladv.blogspot.com 
Highest / Surgery / Current / Goal
   288   /     280    /     145    /  

Seht
on 1/28/10 1:48 am
Congrats on the running, and on deciding to do the 1/2 marathon.

My weight stalled when I started running.  Don't mess with your diet yet.  Give it some more time.
I think most people will tell you that their weight loss stalled also.  You might want to look at when and what you eat in relation to your workouts.  You probably will find that you do need to increase the calories, but give it a bit, see if the stall will break.  Add in some other kind of exercise something to shake up the body.  You will get really efficient at doing the same exercise over and over.

Everyone understands the fear of regaining weight.  I bounce that one around all the time.  Workout enough, have enough energy, not gain weight and I eating right, etc etc.  Give yourself a little time continue doing what you are doing.

I don' t own one of the body bugs, but I was talking to a guy in the gym the other day who had one on.  He said they were all made by the same manufacturer, just have different name brands on the cases.  He thought it was fairly accurate on calorie burn, he said the web site for charting was a little hokey, but all in all he was happy with the product.  The downside is the recurring charges to use their website.  He also said tha Costco has them on sale all the time including a 1 year membership to the web site.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active