Saturday Workouts

Duane1064
on 1/23/10 9:51 am - Bloomington, IN
 Got my new bike today and the temps. were warm enough to take it for a ride. I rode 15 miles and loved it.  Average pace was 17MPH.

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Sherry_Berry
on 1/23/10 10:44 am - Dacula, GA
6 miles on trails w sis!
morgansmommy
on 1/23/10 11:21 am - Gig Harbor, WA
15 minutes on the eliptical with the resistence at 10. Walked on the treadmill for 2.15 miles at 4.0 mph and an incline of 3. Missed my group run this morning, will go solo tomorrow. I felt a bit off today from my iron infusion yesterday.
Mary
Lisey
on 1/23/10 11:41 pm - Milwaukee suburb, WI
1 hour conditioning class, followed by 15 minutes of rolling (jiu jitsu****il I managed to injure myself getting out of a joint lock I'm sure it's along the transverse tarsal joint & fear that I've eithered injured the ligaments that support this joint (#1 & 2 tarsals) or flat-out broke it - Lisfranc fracture.  I actually injured the foot that was NOT in the joint lock - I flipped myself over, rolling over my shoulder to break his hold (which worked!) - made him fall in the process, which is how  his head was by my right foot as it smashed into the matt.  He said he heard a sharp crack . . . doesn't sound like a good thing!  15 min later when I stood up, I also hear a crack & have felt bones shift against each other in that area several times, which I've never felt before.  My mistake was that when I flipped over so my front side of the body was coming down onto the matt, my right toe was flexed outwards, which then was the first thing that impacted (err, crunched) into the matt.  SIGH.

I'm going to give it a few days & see if it gets better.  I've read that if the swelling, pain, & inability to put pressure on the joint via standing doesn't improve within 5 days, given how I injured it, that this injury is probably suspect.  Problem #1:  it's often not diagnosed - one study found that the fracture was missed by 40% of doctors when reviewing x-rays because it's hard to detect.  Problem #2:  I previously lived in ND - actually worked for a health care system - my job was eliminated & I kept my ins through COBRA, but I have a $2k out-of-network deductible.  I STILL don't have a job.  These are the reasons I'm going to give it a few days before going in  . . . .

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

Rob S.
on 1/24/10 5:32 am - DE
Ran 8 miles yesterday morning.  It was cold but felt good.  Finalized our 2010 schedule (assuming money holds out).
Rob
Kathy P.
on 1/24/10 2:23 pm - Port Orchard, WA
ran a 5k workout with co-workers. we do it every other weekend to start conditioning for a 10k in June. Shave off just under 2 minutes from previous time.  Steep hill at the midway point is killer, but hoofing up it must help with my endurance.
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Most Active