Workout & Supplement Thread For Andrew & Anyone Else...

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/20/10 10:45 am - Fort Worth, TX
This is my routine for this cycle...

Important Notes:

• Warm up with cardio for 5-10 minutes.
  • Stretches and flexibility exercises for 5-10 minutes.
  • Stretch the worked muscles at the end of the workout, and cool down 5-10 minutes.
  • Abdominals on Monday and Thursday

Daily Workout Schedule:

Monday - Shoulders and Triceps
Shoulders
Exercise Sets Reps
Smith Machine Shoulder Press 4 12,10,8,6
Dumbbell Lateral Raise 4 12,10,8,6
Dumbbell Reverse Fly 4 12,10,8,6
Dumbbell Shrugs 4 12,10,8,6
Triceps
Exercise Sets Reps
Lying Tricep Extension 3 10,8,6
One Arm Cable Extension 3 10,8,6
One Arm Dumbbell Extension 3 10,8,6
Tuesday - Back
Back
Exercise Sets Reps
Wide Grip Pull Up 4 12,10,8,6
Close Grip Pull Down 4 12,10,8,6
One Arm Dumbbell Row 4 12,10,8,6
Bent Over Barbell Row 4 12,10,8,6

Wednesday - Rest Day

Thursday - Chest and Biceps
Chest
Exercise Sets Reps
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 4 12,10,8,6
Barbell Bench Press 4 12,10,8,6
Incline Dumbbell Flys 4 12,10,8,6
Cable Crossovers 4 12,10,8,6
Biceps
Exercise Sets Reps
Incline Dumbbell Curl 3 10,8,6
Preacher Curl 3 10,8,6
Standing Hammer Curl 3 10,8,6
Friday - Legs
Quads, Hamstrings & Glutes
Exercise Sets Reps
Squat 4 12,10,8,6
45 Degree Leg Press 4 12,10,8,6
Leg Extension 4 12,10,8,6
Stiff Legged Deadlifts 4 12,10,8,6
Calves
Exercise Sets Reps
Seated calf Raise 3 10,8,8
Standing Calf Raise 3 15,12,10

take 175G of protein, Creatine, Glutamine, Nitric Oxide.... 800G of Carbs p/ day 4000 +/- cals a day and try to get a lot of good fats in... (Salmon, avacado, olive oil, nuts)   *** I am not typical so certainly do not follow what I do for now, I just wanted to give you an idea of how I use supplements and nutrition. Also, I take my multi-vit, b12, vit c, fish oil, selenium, anti oxidants, and of course my calcium :) FYI... My protein of choice is either Pure Pro 50G premixed drinks, or Body Fortress (52G for 2 scoops $15 for a huge tub at walmart) Also, take a slow digesting Protein before bed, Casienne is ideal!!!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

superconducting
on 1/20/10 10:54 am - Montgomery, NY
Is there more cardio too?  I was doing something similar, only 3 sets each, before I started focusing on running a few weeks ago now.  Just don't have that much energy in my yet - although adding carbs back in my life seems to have made a big difference.  I can't believe how good oatmeal is :)  

Course not as many carbs as you yet.  I'm still trying to get my head around how one would even begin training for a triathalon...

Thanks for posting that.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/20/10 10:57 am - Fort Worth, TX
This is on top of my cardio... I am running 60+ miles per week... Right now light on the cycling with the weather, but still getting some trainer sessions in, and swimming a TON... I expect by the beginning of my season, I will be running 40-50 miles per week, cycling 125-150 miles per week,  and swimming 10 miles a week.

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

superconducting
on 1/20/10 11:06 am - Montgomery, NY
 I'm not worthy

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/10 11:13 am
Crap, Dan, you're a frickin' MACHINE! Yeah baby! This is a fine bodybuilding workout schedule. You're gonna be a monster! Your supplementation is excellent, with the N O giving you good arterial & veinous dialation for upatake as well as "da friggin PUMP"! Good carb amounts like this should aid cellular protein uptake too. Glad to see your supping with Glutamine also.

Overall, a very well balanced and intelligent workout, my brother, and your supplementation can't be beat.

Strength & Honor, my friend!

;-) Woody
DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/20/10 10:03 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Woody! You da man!!!

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

superconducting
on 1/20/10 7:23 pm - Montgomery, NY
 Dan, maybe this is a dumb question (sorry if I am annoying you :) ) but with all that running/biking, what kind of intensity do you put into your leg workout.  I'm no where near your league of fitness, but for me to do any sort of squats means I can barely get up the stairs to my bedroom the next day, let alone run that day.  Do you go "all out" in your strength workout, or do you save a little?  

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/20/10 10:02 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Until my 100 Mile Ultra race is over in 3 weeks, I do not do the leg workout portion. This is my 4 Day Split routine I did last year and put on 12 pounds of lean muscle with. My legs could not handle the workout and all the training, nobody's would. My leg workouts for the past few weeks might include 40-60 minutes on the stairmaster climbing 200-300 flights of stairs. Not annoying bro. We learn by asking questions, the only annoying or dumb ones are the one's that go unasked....

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

saxman007
on 1/21/10 1:22 am - Port Huron, MI
 OK Dan,
I'd love to see your weekly work-out schedule!  What time frame do have for doing all this.  How are you balancing job, family, exercise?  
I'm feeling the crunch to get done what I have to get done.  Fortunately my fiancee is a swimmer and is willing to swim with me and do some light(er) running too.  Can't imagine  trying to do all this with kids -- just wondering what you're schedule is.
Thanks!
--Dan
DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/21/10 1:50 am - Fort Worth, TX
Late to bed, super early to rise makes a man tired and sleepy with crusted over eyes!!!! 3:30am bro... It's the only way it all works, I have tried every other angle... No simple answers, just Butt Crack of dawn hommie....And sometimes the evening workout too, after I have bathed and fed the kids and they are in bed, of course....

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

Most Active