Swimmers - tracking laps?

Cassie W.
on 1/19/10 8:20 am
How do you keep track of your laps in the pool, so you don't lose count?

After the 4th lap, I tend to zone out and just swim.  Next thing I know, 45 minutes have gone by but I have no idea how many yards I've covered.

Cassie

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Linn D.
on 1/19/10 11:23 am - Missoula, MT
I know of some people who use stones or buttons.  I just count to myself - all the way down and back during the lap.  It's really funny when I explain out loud, but seriously, I go "One, we're on lap 1.  One. One."  I talk to myself all the way up and back.  I've never lost count during a race either, so it works for me.  I just have to force myself to concentrate on it the whole time.

Linn 
mcarthur01
on 1/19/10 10:44 pm - Cumming, GA
funny... this is exactly what i do.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/19/10 1:11 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I count like this:

half, one, one and a half, two, two and a half, etc... nothing fancy, it works for me...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Sherry_Berry
on 1/19/10 9:07 pm - Dacula, GA
hit lap button on watch every 100
Seht
on 1/20/10 6:13 am
There is also a swim lap counter.
http://www.atafa.com/sports/products/SPORT_COUNT_LAP_COUNTER _Accessories_Sporting_Goods-101322.html

I wanted one for Christmas, but Santa didn't get my letter.  It fits on your finger like a ring.
They have several different models some with timers, some that work just like a counter.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MacMadame
on 1/21/10 4:01 pm - Northern, CA
I hit the lap button on my 310XT every time I come back to the side I start with.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

niffer1283
on 1/21/10 9:02 pm - Richmond, IN
I just started lap swimming again this week. I've been going to the gym every other day and doing 20 minutes on the bike or treadmill, then about 20-25 minutes on the weight machines. I have about 30 lbs. more to lose and have hit a wall, big time, for the last 4-5 months. Sooo...I figured on my off days from the gym I'd lap swim and hope that gives me a jump start. I don't really count laps, I just try to keep going steadily for 20-30 minutes. My first day I made it about 15 minutes. It's going to take a while to build my endurance back up, I can see that! I plan to get to the point where I can crawl and breast stroke for 45 minutes without stopping.

Jenny
He is ill clothed that is bare of virtue. ~~ Benjamin Franklin

RNY 05/29/2008
http://www.jensgyrations.blogspot.com

Most Active