Sunday Workouts

Katie H.
on 1/17/10 1:00 am, edited 1/17/10 8:09 am - Charlton, MA
I ran 3.4 miles in my new kicks and pretty sure they made me faster :) Who doesn't love new sneakers?! 

35 minutes of 5 on 5 with a girl's high school basketball team - I don't have a clue about basketball, but I schooled those girls running up and down the court!

What'd you guys do today?

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

Cassie W.
on 1/17/10 2:51 am
60 minute swim followed by strength training.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Sherry_Berry
on 1/17/10 2:52 am - Dacula, GA
One hour endurance spin class followed by one hour yogalates
mcarthur01
on 1/17/10 3:12 am - Cumming, GA
14 mile run on the dreaded TM, struggled the last 20-30 minutes but still maintained a > 7.0 MPH av speed.  Finished the run just under 2 hours (1:57:45)...  walked for around 12 minutes for warmup/cooldown.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Scott William
on 1/17/10 3:31 am
1.25 run
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Linn D.
on 1/17/10 4:11 am - Missoula, MT
Full hour spin class for me followed by 1000 yd swim.  

Did the swim in just over 26 minutes today.  I only need to improve by 3 minutes to meet my expected swim time.  Who knows, I might even get faster than that!  I will try to keep a good attitude about it and keep doing the strength training.  I think that will also help.  These are the things I least like to do...

Linn 
Duane1064
on 1/17/10 7:13 am - Bloomington, IN
 I did five miles....mostly walking at a 4.2 MPH pace.  I just wasn't feeling it today.  My legs were hurting and I think that running/walking three days in a row is burning me out.

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Linn D.
on 1/17/10 10:26 am - Missoula, MT
Duane,

Are you eating right after?  What you're describing is exactly how I used to feel on my third day in a row before I started being consistent about recovery eating.  At the time I was on a training plan that called for 4 miles 3 days in a row, and by the third day, I could barely do it.  That's when I started doing research about recovery eating.  

I thought you were already doing recovery eating, but I do remember feeling your pain and hope it's something you can figure out soon.

Linn
Duane1064
on 1/17/10 11:32 am - Bloomington, IN
 Linn, as I was running today I was thinking the same thing.  I felt so lethargic and my legs felt like they weighed 200lbs each.  I didn't really feel like running in the first place but I was not going to sit stay in and watch football either.  I set a goal and made a promise to myself and I'm going to do my best to keep the two.

I have not eaten as well as I should have the past few days and I think that it showed in my performance today.  I'll have to be more disciplined about my diet and see if that's the problem.  Thanks for you input.  Any help that you could give me for recovery eating would be greatly appreciated.

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Rob S.
on 1/17/10 7:48 am - DE
3-hour sauna spin class with 45 other fools in the morning.  Ran 2.5 miles this evening in the rain.  I joined the Delaware Running Club today.  It's amazing to think that I would ever think I could be a part of an orgnization like that.  Tomorrow i have a photo shoot with my surgeon.  Life is pretty good right now.
Rob
Most Active