Saturday Workouts!!!!

Scott William
on 1/15/10 11:49 pm
I just did my 2.3 mile loop.  1/2 way through - another bloody nose.  I stopped, dejected and walked for a minute.  Remembered that I had toilet paper in my pocket - stuffed my nose and continued on.  Finished in about 9 minute pace.  Happy considering that I stopped for about 2 minutes.  Total - 2.75 miles

What did you do today?
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Katie H.
on 1/15/10 11:55 pm - Charlton, MA
rowed for 11 minutes (2049m)
lifted (bent over rows, assisted chest dips & squats)
abs & back nautilus machines
ran 1.43 miles  at a 5.7-5.9 pace

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

saxman007
on 1/16/10 12:20 am - Port Huron, MI
 30 minutes on the bike trainer, included 3 20' sprints w/2 minute recovery, wow that was more intense than I was expecting, lol.
Going swimming later, probably 1600 yards, if i'm feeling good I may do extra
--Dan
Cassie W.
on 1/16/10 3:14 am
60 minutes of spinning
30 minutes of pilates

I knew my core was weak, but the pilates workout revealed major weakness in my hips.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Seht
on 1/16/10 5:17 am
8 miles today.  I need to do long runs more often.  They need to become second nature, not an mental endurance session.

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Linn D.
on 1/16/10 5:42 am - Missoula, MT
Since I did my longer-ish run yesterday, I did a short (30 minutes), faster one today.  Did 3 repeats of 8 min at 7.0 and 2 min at 8.0.  I LOVE being able to run the 2 minutes at 8.0!  It feels fantastic!  Maybe not next week, but by the week after I'm going to try increasing my base speed.  That'll be just in time for school to start again.

After that, I was tired enough I didn't swim, but I DID do upper body strength training (patting myself on the back).

Linn
Elisa K.
on 1/16/10 6:05 am - Lumberton, NJ
Did a nice 6 mile run with lots of hills.  The weather is down right balmy in NJ - loving it!!
DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/16/10 7:28 am - Fort Worth, TX
I ran right around 30 miles today in 5:12:23.... I had a funeral to attend, my LAST OH Group Leader Training Session, so I did not get in the 40 miles I was hoping for, but I am feeling great and am ready to taper and give this race a go!!!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Duane1064
on 1/16/10 8:58 am - Bloomington, IN
 I did five miles on the treadmill.  That makes another twenty mile week for me.

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Markrb
on 1/16/10 9:37 am - MA
Did a 9 mile run at 10:30 pace. It was a very nice day here, actually above freezing.
304/256/184/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Most Active