Post workout

Seht
on 1/14/10 12:38 am
So what are you guys eating to get your 4:1 post workout foods.

I have been experimenting with different combinations, but I can't seem to get it just right or even close for that matter with what I have around the house.

So I guess I'm going to need to go shopping.  So I'm looking for some examples or combos that you use to get that 4:1 ratio

Thanks

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/14/10 12:44 am - Fort Worth, TX
Just got back from the gym, on the way home I had a 50G protein drink. Second breakfast (Post workout) Erin Baker breakfast cookie (Peanut butter 46 G of Carbs, no refined sugars) 4 pieces of whole wheat toast, 2 hard boiled eggs and if I can stuff more in I will... Maybe some multigran cheerios or oatmeal with granola in it. 700-800 calorie 2nd breakfast is the sweet spot for me...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Seht
on 1/14/10 1:35 am
I guess part of my problem is I am still trying to lose weight and I'm not doing nearly the intensity level on my workouts that you are.
700-800 calories is about half of my daily calories.  Then I feel like I have to starve the rest of the day.

Here is what I had this morning after my workout. within 1/2 hour of finishing the workout
Large banana,
Detour protein bar,
1 ounce of beef jerkey

371 calories
6 fat
55 carbs
29 sugar
6 fiber
27 protein
So that only managed a 2:1 ratio

Two hours later I'm hungry again
So 9:00 AM I had
2 egg beaters
1 slice sara lee multigrain low cal bread
1 wedge laughing cow light cheese
1 tbsp salsa
150 calories
3 fat
15 carbs
6 sugar
4 fiber
18 protein

I still have another 2 mile run at lunch time and 1650 in the pool tonight & 45 minutes on the stationary bike.

I'm going to stress out the remainder of the day about having already eaten 1/3 of my calories, and I have 2-3 meals left to go depending on how I break them down.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/14/10 1:54 am - Fort Worth, TX
I would recommend adding in 2 Whole Wheat eggos with peanut butter to your breakfast. Your breakfast is the most important meal of the day...It's funny how you do the Detour bars, I ate a couple one time, and I swear I was farting razor blades. The sugar alchohols in that one got me prretty good...

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

Seht
on 1/14/10 2:12 am
yeah that tends to happen if I eat the larger protein bars.
The ones that are packing over 300 calories.  Those sugar alcohols just kill me.
But if I keep it to the smaller bars I don't have that issue.

Seht
on 1/14/10 2:13 am
How much PB are you adding?

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/14/10 2:15 am - Fort Worth, TX
A good amount... enough to fill the nooks and top of the eggo... If you are asking if I measure, I have not measured anything singe 6 weeks post-op.

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

Seht
on 1/14/10 2:23 am
You suck!!!!!  and I'm jealous

I have to chart everything.  If I don't I'm always surprised at how much I'm eating and ultimately I see the scale start climbing it's way back up.

I was talking to someone about this yesterday.
I have no self control.  If I did, I would never have gotten fat in the first place.
I do need that regimented, you get x amount of food x times per day.  I find that when I deviate from that, it always takes me a couple days to recover and get back on track.

So for me, I have to be very rigid with the diet.

Scott

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/14/10 2:35 am - Fort Worth, TX
Honestly bro, the main thing I have learned to do is listen to my body. I can HONESTLY, for the first time in my life, differentiate between head hunger and body hunger, and I simply eat when my body needs food. Somedays that can vary DRAMATICALLY from others. I think we all need to find a realistic way to stay healthy and within normal ranges for the rest of our lives, especially focusing on what works for YOU. I know for me, measuring would never work, but for some that's the answer. I think the most important thing is to make good decisions when you eat. The basic food groups we learned as kids is right on! Balance is crucial and giving your body what it needs is key. If you love to eat, like me, get you some puffed brown rice, or puffed wheat, when you get hungry, snack on that, nothing bad will EVER come from that... Complex carbs, fiber, and satisfy your craving. When you give your body good food, it craves it. When you give your body bad food it craves it...

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

Seht
on 1/14/10 2:38 am
Thanks Dan,

I can tell the difference between head hunger and real hunger, but that doesn't stop me.
I'm weak when it comes to food.

But I do appreciate the ideas and suggestions that everyone here has.  I'm still looking for that thing that works.  I really do hate obsessing about food.  There are so many other things I would like to use my limited brain power for.

Scott

Most Active