Protein shakes-any suggestions?

on 1/13/10 4:43 am - National City, MI
I'm looking for a protein shake that's low in carbs. Anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Eric
robt859
on 1/13/10 4:55 am
I use AdvantEDGE carb control from EAS 3 net carbs and 17 grams of protein 110 cals

nate2009
on 1/13/10 4:58 am - Lebanon, OH
isopure low carb chocolate... 50g protein , 210cals 1g fat , 3g carbs (2 are fiber) and 0 suger. mixed with 18oz water and a package of diet hot choclate mix is not bad.
    No longer about weight , it's all about living.            
DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/13/10 5:20 am - Fort Worth, TX
This came to mind:
roast-beef-smoothie.jpg
BassOMatic.jpg image by yellodog

Seriously though, I honestly have found the Walmart "Body Fortress" Vanilla is not so "Gag-able" and has 52G of protein for 2 scoops and low carbs. $15 for a big tub... pretty good.
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

on 1/13/10 10:40 pm - National City, MI
LOL. Made me gag just thinking about it!

Thanks, I'll hit up Wall World tonight and check it out.
Seht
on 1/13/10 6:53 am
For convenience I like the pure protein that comes in a can, it is available in vanilla or chocolate in the low cal  version 21 grams of protein, 100 cal and 4 carbs.

They have more flavors in the higher calorie 160 cal model 35 grams of protein 2 carbs.
It is nice because it comes in a can, is already mixed, so none of that grainy doesn't mix well crap.

If I have to mix my own, I like to use.
EAS premium protein 150 cal, 27 grams protein, 3 carbs.  It mixes pretty good. 

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

on 1/13/10 10:43 pm - National City, MI
Where can I find the stuff in a can? Is it something I can buy locally or will I have to order it?
Seht
on 1/13/10 11:26 pm
Let's see...

I have seen it at FoodMaxx stores, & the Vitamin Shoppe,  usually in the higher calorie higher protein cans.  Both FoodMaxx and the Vitamin Shoppe have the best selection of flavors.

The only place I have found the smaller calorie cans is trader joes stores, which also carry the larger cans as well.

btw the cans are the same physical volume, just the nutritional information/values are different.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Rob S.
on 1/13/10 11:22 am - DE
Buy a Magic Bullet.  Then use frozen fruit, unjury powder,and light soymilk.  Above all, never buy anything in a can!
on 1/13/10 10:40 pm - National City, MI
Just curious, what's wrong with the stuff in cans? I'm new to this so I have no clue.
Most Active