Sh@ke Weight - anybody tried it for upper arms?

editrix
on 1/11/10 11:44 am
 I saw a commercial for the Sh@ke Weight recently, and it seems like it would be a good at-home toner for upper arms (I haven't had surgery yet, but I'm already worried about crazy arm skin). 

What do y'all think - worth the $20 or just stick with regular weights?
DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/11/10 8:54 pm - Fort Worth, TX
No on the shake weight for me... I think the shake weight is good for a laugh,  but not so sure about toning. The shake weight, push ups, weights etc... may not help with loose skin. That depends on how big ou are, how long ou've been that weight, age, and genetics / skin elasticity. Unfortunately, most of us will have to have plastics to get the skin problem resolved. Best of luck...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

bwburgin1015
on 1/12/10 12:32 am - NC
Stick with the weights...althought I laughed histerically when I watched the commercial for shake weight 3 or 4 times in a row!
Rob S.
on 1/12/10 12:42 am - DE
I would say go for it.  The commercial are a riot.  Even if they don't work for toning (and it probably won't), it would certainly be a great at a party.  
Rob 
DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/12/10 2:10 am - Fort Worth, TX

I saw a bunch of people using these at a fair and I have to say it resembled what would probably be considered a circle jerk....

Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

editrix
on 1/12/10 10:14 am
 Ha! I will definitely not be able to use it now.

Thanks for the feedback everybody - I suspected it might be ridiculous.  Guess I'll stick with the hand weights.
bwburgin1015
on 1/12/10 2:14 am - NC
Thats what was so funny about the commercial!  I was thinking seriously?  This commercial has GOT to be a joke right?
Most Active