Good start for todays exercise

Seht
on 1/10/10 4:38 am
I just got my son to do the first session of week 2 for the couch to 5k program today.
Not bad for a 6 y/o, he did a great job. 

Now I gotta go do my long run.  I hope I do as well today as he did.

Catch you all later.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/10/10 4:56 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thats awesome bro....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Cassie W.
on 1/10/10 5:41 am
Scott,

It's great that he wants to follow in your footsteps. My 14-year-old couch potato gave up sleeping late this weekend to join my husband and I at the gym Saturday and Sunday.    I'm hoping that it becomes a habit for him. My 12-year-old couch potato has started playing on the treadmill.  Maybe they'll both be bitten by the bug, just to prove they can beat their parents.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Seht
on 1/10/10 7:25 am
He asked me today why I wanted him to run with me.
I told him that he didn't want to get fat like his daddy did. That being fat like that was bad for his health.
And that I wanted to have his company.  I thought it would be fun to have him as a running partner.  And that it was a good way to spend a little time together.
Yeah there is bribery involved, he gets something each time he completes a week or when he finally does a race with me, but I'll gladly bribe him into better health if I have to.

Who knows, like Cassie said maybe it will become habbit and he will grow to like it and make it a part of his life. 

I just have to take it slow and easy with him.  Make sure I remind myself that he has little legs and now exercise experience.  He was a trooper out there today, huffing and puffing his way around the school.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

trishy
on 1/10/10 10:53 pm
I do the same thing with my 14 year old. This past year or so he hasn't wanted to do any sports so I just drag him off to run with me.  He hates it and often can't keep up.  But I still take him because I believe its just what he needs to keep excess weight off, and I need him because I don't like running in the dark without someone with me. 

Revision Band to Sleeve scheduled 10/29

Most Active