I am feeling the BURN!!!

Lianne C.
on 1/10/10 5:53 am - Garden City, MI
Hello, I just noticed this board and wanted to ask a question. I am 11 months out from RNY, and I just started to exercise again this week. I was on a medical hold at the gym, but finally am up to working out.

I hopped on the scale this morning and the scale says that I have gained 3.3lbs, is this very normal for us to gain that much weight? before I would gain about a pound and then I would lose it the day after, this time I am just scared that I am regressing. please any input would help. I have been drinking water too

Thanks
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Linn D.
on 1/10/10 6:00 am - Missoula, MT
It kind of depends on the amount and intensity you exercise.

Many people gain up to 5 pounds when they first begin exercising.  The muscles tend to become a little inflamed when they aren't used to the work thereby causing some water retention.  When you do more of it, you might still gain or not lose for a while because you're building muscle again.  As long as you keep your diet good, it's best to check your progress by the fit of your clothes rather than the numbers on a scale.

Linn
Lianne C.
on 1/10/10 6:07 am - Garden City, MI
Thank you! I was feeling so dpwn today before I got ready for church, but on a good note I did slip on a size 10 dress, not bad comming from a size 26!

although I was wondering would the inflamation cause me to look bloated? or is it not enough water retention for that?
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
nate2009
on 1/11/10 5:34 am - Lebanon, OH
I have not gained but in the last couple of months the scale has been telling lies. It doesnt move but my clothes are falling off. Throw the scale out for a while.
    No longer about weight , it's all about living.            
Most Active