Extra Skin

Lauren M.
on 1/9/10 8:36 am, edited 1/9/10 8:37 am
SO I've lost about 100 lbs and I am starting to see a difference and feel a difference. I've been exercising a good amount but I am so frustrated with the fatty skin that hangs form my arms, bulges around my bra and muffin tops out of my jeans. Sorry I realize this may be a little graphic...sorry!!! I know that some of it is still fat that I am working by butt off to get rid of but My question is this: Is it possible to get rid of the skin with exercise or is surgery the only option. I am asking this question on the exercise forum because I know there are people in here that may know the answer from their own experience.
Thanks for reading my graphic post and once again sorry!

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/9/10 9:17 am - Fort Worth, TX
Unfortunately for most of us, surgery is the only option... I wish there was a better answer :(
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Lauren M.
on 1/9/10 9:36 am
Darn it! I was looking at your website before posting this question and was thinking that if it were possible you would have been able to do it...being Superman...I mean Iron Man and all. I just know that I can't afford the plastic surgery and I don't think that I am going to have enough skin to qualify for insurance to cover it... Well thanks for the answer even though it was not the one I was hoping for.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

kerniec
on 1/9/10 2:22 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/22/14
As I exercise I continue to chip away a little bit at the fat but there are parts which are now nearly all skin .........on my thighs, and my tummy which lucky for me is small but still.............makes me feel flabby and out of shape.  It's not easy but I keep telling myself to keep plugging away and love my health and how great I look in clothes and accept that WLS didn't make me into a Barbie...........although I'd like it if I could afford the PS to make myself one!

275 SW 8/5/08LB 165MW 2009-11, LB complications 2010-14

7-22-14 Revision LB to VSG 212SW/192CW/159GW  HT 5'7"

Most Active