Heart rate monitor help

Kristy A.
on 1/9/10 6:01 am - South Burbs, MN
I'm almost to my original weight goal (would like to get down another 10 maybe, unless I can just slim down with exercise.)  I really want to start focusing on exercising, getting stronger, more toned, etc. I haven't been exercising really at all the last few months and am ready to get back in to it.

Can someone please suggest a wrist heart rate monitor?  I don't want one that requires a chest strap.

Thanks!
Kristy

Kristy   (weight loss below does not include 16lbs lost during pre WLS diet)
START:  325                            Day of Surgery :309                          GOAL:  180

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/9/10 12:55 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Polar and bowflex are pretty good...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

jadelyn
on 1/9/10 10:56 pm - DE

My husband brought me the polar with the chest strap for Christmas and it the best Christmas gift EVER.  I love it!!!!  I work out any where from 6 to 7 days a week and it has truly elevated my workout.  I credit it for breaking my plateau and losing and gaining the same 5 lbs to it.  I have lost 7 lbs since Christmas and believe it was due to the heart rate monitor because I can see how hard I work out. I truly recommend it.

jade

ChaChaCha
on 1/24/10 12:18 pm - Cleveland, OH
 I have a Garmin Forerunner 305.  It's red and black.  It is the Taj Mahal of running devices!!  I used it for every race I ever ran, and that's A LOT.   It's extremely accurate for monitoring heart rate (it does have a chest strap) and the GPS works in very remote areas, which is key for trail running.  You can also program it to stay within a heart rate limit for training purposes to make sure you aren't straining yourself or not challenging yourself enough.  I HIGHLY recommend it.  
ChaChaCha
on 1/25/10 7:04 am - Cleveland, OH
I just saw something today called the, "Heart Rate Ring" in the Brookstone catalog.  It's a small device you wear around your finger--no chest strap required.  It says it's very accurate.  I think it was appoximately $30.  Check out the Brookstone web site--people usually review their products before they buy them.  Good luck!
Most Active