WHY can't I get started??

Livewell
on 1/9/10 10:09 pm - Chatham, NJ
Hi Kristy,

Getting "out" to exercise is not top of mind for me either, at least not in the winter.  The best investment that I ever made was buying a treadmill which I use almost everyday.  The great thing about a good treadmill is that you don't have to leave your house and you can use it for the most intense training by running/using inclines to the most basic by walking.  Over time, you can add hand weights to make the workout even better.  My treadmill also has a built-in TV and MP3 audio system so I am never bored.  If you have the ability to get a treadmill for your home, I would highly recommend it. 

KristyJain
on 1/9/10 11:23 pm - Farmington Hills, MI
Words can not express my gratitude for all your responses! WOW.... You all motivated me, each one of you, Thank You!

This morning was the first day of exercise in a long while - I did a 2 mile walk at home tape, the ones with Leslie Sansone!  I had to "run" to my computer and tell you all... THANK YOU!

More to come...

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/10 4:19 am
I'm in the exact same boat as you.

Last year I made a goal to ride in the Texas MS-150 and I trained from January to April so that I could complete the ride.  It's amazing how much having a goal to complete a race helped out.  The only problem I have is that this year I chose to skip the MS-150 and I have been doing absolutely nothing. 

I think I am going to take the advice of the other posters and find a challeng out there that I can train for.
Most Active