Planining a Work out with goals????

coolcrewof4
on 1/7/10 8:25 pm - Gloucester, VA
Okay I read the post of someone else and still need more advice.  A tad bit of history and then goals:  Had surgery 10/09 joined gym in 11/09 have been doing Aqua Aerobic classes and like them.  However, I feel like I need to challenge myself a tad bit more and up cardio based on my goals.  Also, because of how I carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs

Goals: Increase stamina (out of breathe still climbing stairs)  Lose weight (of course) Lose/tighten my hip/thigh area (hoping to cut down the excess skin issue)  Have definition in my body so some little guns might be nice.  Long term goal run a 5k....right now I think I might die walking one  (LOL)

BTW: I am a tad (okay..alot) uncordinated so I don't care for the group classes I always feel stupid and huge with the size 0 people.

Any tips on what to do next?  Thanks in advance
Journey began October 7, 2009-- HW 294 SW 281 CW 185  long term goal 140

Rob S.
on 1/7/10 9:42 pm - DE

Your aqua classes are a great start.

For cardio, I would suggest starting to work on the eliptical machine.  It is an easy machine to get started on that has minimal impact on the joints.  Once you have conquered that machine you might want to try the treadmill.  If there are spinning classes at your facility, sign up, check in with an instructor, and don't be embarrased.  Everyone has to go a class for the first time, and believe it or not those size 0 people can be extremely nice.

For weights, I would suggest signing up for a Body Pump class.  Always let the instructor know your new.  Just find a place in the back of the class where you can see the instructor. 

Above all, just keep going, having fun, and meet people.  Once people expect you there, you find you can't cancel for fear of disappointing them.  Good luck with your goals.   They are just around the corner.
Rob 

MacMadame
on 1/8/10 2:55 pm - Northern, CA
Water aerobics can be as easier or as hard as you make them. I always try to stay in the water so it's up to my chin. That makes the workout harder than if part of my chest is above water.

For the 5k, I recommend Couch to 5K program. It's AWESOME!

http://www.c25k.com

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active