Thursday Workouts!

Scott William
on 1/6/10 10:00 pm
I wanted to go farther today but at a mile I got a bloody nose.  It was not the kind to run through so I turned around and went home.  The whole trip ended up being 2.2 miles.  No weights today!!!

What did you today???
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
bwburgin1015
on 1/6/10 11:01 pm - NC
P90 X--Cardio X...Day 6 of P90X.  I've lost five pounds and already feeling a lot more fit.  I'm seeing improvements in balance, endurance, and energy levels.

By the way...Hello everyone! I'm Brandon. Started at 400lbs two weeks pre-op and down to 277.  Hoping to lose another 50. 
DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/6/10 11:04 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Sounds familiar, welcome Brandon!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Scott William
on 1/7/10 3:16 am
Good for you man. Nice start!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Rob S.
on 1/7/10 3:20 am - DE
OK, Scott.  I'm really getting depressed because I'm not down at Disney this weekend.  I ran 3.5 miles at lunch, and it's really cold out there.  I'll do a one-hour spin class inside tonight.
Rob
Katie H.
on 1/7/10 5:30 am - Charlton, MA
Rowed for 10 minutes
Ran for 27 minutes

No weights today...almost an off day :)

Any suggestions on how to keep your hands callous free when lifting and rowing? Love rowing, less love for how my hands look/feel.

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

Cassie W.
on 1/7/10 7:04 am
Swam 45 minutes today.  The pool will be my playground again for a while. 

I didn't feel like I rushed my return to running, but I'm facing another round of PT.  Right leg is such a problem child.  First the IT band, then the hamstring, now the knee.

The bright side is the pool is 84 degrees, compared to the 10-degree days I've been running in.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

runningagain
on 1/7/10 8:25 pm - NY

Cassie,

Glad you are on the mends....sorry it's taking a while.  I'm with you on the pool thing....I think I'll be attending swim classes this winter.  That's what I did all last winter. 

Take Care,

Tammy :-)

Cassie W.
on 1/8/10 7:44 am
Thanks Tammy,

I saw that you did the Lights run in Syracuse.  I was so tempted, but knew I'd be paying for it in the morning.  Are you thinking about running the Boilermaker this year?

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

runningagain
on 1/8/10 11:54 am - NY

Hi Cassie,

I haven't thought about the Boilermaker.  What month is that in?  I'm doing the Iron Girl in August and possibly a triathalon in June....not sure about that one yet.  Defenitely the Iron Girl.  It will be my first triathalon.  I am going to a meeting tomorrow morning about the triathalon.  I'll see what they say and go from there. 

How about you?

Tammy

Most Active