My first 1/2 marathon!

Seht
on 1/7/10 2:12 am
Awesome job, way to take the plunge.

I wish you all the best and success you can have.
Don't be nervous if you put in the training and stick with the plan they are going to lay out for you, you will be successful.  Yes it can be hard, and yes you may feel like quitting, but it really is easier on race day than it is on any training day.

Keep us updated on the progress.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

bandhope
on 1/7/10 7:06 am - TX
Don't set yourself up for failure by comparing yourself or trying to keep up with any particular person. It needs to be about you and finishing. Do it for yourself and do it to prove "giving up" is not an option for you. You can do it!! I finished my first half on 12/13. It was well worth all the training and hard work!!! Best wishes!!! You can do it!!!
mcarthur01
on 1/7/10 7:53 am - Cumming, GA
i'm running my first marathon on march 21st in Atlanta... did my first (and only so far) half on turkey day, congrats on committing, that is the first step, now the fun begins, for me, the journey/training is the best part, the test is the race.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Linn D.
on 1/7/10 11:59 am - Missoula, MT
I'm not doing my next half until July, but I am planning a sprint tri in April and a 130-mile bike ride in June.

Have fun with your training group, and remember that you have personal goals that may differ from others, so stick with your vision.

Linn 
Lauren M.
on 1/9/10 8:28 am
Thanks so much for all the feedback and support! You are al so amaizing! It's great to see everything everyone has accomplished! I am so excited to start training with the group I signed up to train with. I tried running outside today but it was like -20 and the wind made my eyes water and then my eyelashes kept freezing together. I couldn't go to the gym because I was out of town for a funeral so I didn't get much of a run in but tomorrow I will be back at the gym!

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Livewell
on 1/9/10 10:16 pm - Chatham, NJ
Hi Lauren,

I am running my first half in the NJ Marathon this May.  I am also planning on doing some trail races and other smaller races before then so that I change things up a little this year.  Dan B. is keeping track of all of our races.  Good luck and please let us know how your training goes.

Most Active