Question about Elliptical trainer

brenda549
on 1/5/10 7:45 am - Duluth, GA
My husband and I purchased a trainer a few years ago.  We had to get a heavy duty one because of our weights.  The ma*****e gives me a calorie count each time I use it.  However, I started using My Daily Plate yesterday, and it gives me a drastically different calorie count.  DP says I burned 441 calories in a 20 minute workout.  The elliptical read 175 calories.   I know that Daily Plate takes my body weight into consideration, but I also remember setting up the trainer with my weight as well. 

Which do you think is more accurate?
                                                HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

Scott William
on 1/5/10 9:13 am
They both sound a bit high.  It is closer to the 175 # and that would assume that you are really humping it for the 20 minutes. 
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/5/10 9:37 am - Fort Worth, TX
I think it depends on how fast you were going. what was your average speed and resistance?
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

brenda549
on 1/6/10 2:27 am - Duluth, GA
Yesterday, I was on the manual setting, but I was going about 3mph, which is chugging it for me. 

Today, I put it on the fatburn program (resistance starts at 2, builds to 5 it stays there for about 15 minutes, then decreaases back to 2) and it registered only 100 calories burned in 25 minutes. 

I am totally confused now.  I do not believe the 400+ calories burned I am getting from DailyPlate, but to burn fewer calories with a program that has more resistance and a longer time?  I do not get it. 

I think I will just ignore the calories and go with how I feel and how long I work. 

Thanks guys!
                                                HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

Most Active