Wednesday's Workouts!

Scott William
on 1/6/10 12:12 am
Just got back from the gym.  I did 3.25 miles on the TM and arms today.  It was a good arm workout as most of my sets were to failure at 6-8 reps.

I did get on the stair climber at the end to get a good "view" of another member.  Sounds a bit creepy, I know but truse me, it was.  ;-)      No, seriously, I really needed those three flights to feel like I completed my workout.

How did you do today?
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
blessedabundantly
on 1/6/10 12:59 am - Abilene, TX
I ws going to go to the gym this morning after the kiddos head off to school, but I woke up with a much bigger version of the headache I had when I went to bed. So, after the kids were off, I went back to bed for a couple of hours. Still have the headache, but I've got a plan. :)

I am going to keeps pounding water all day, maybe that will help the headache. I will go to the gym after I drop my middle boy off at youth service tonight and stay until it's time to pick him up. I plan on doing cardio and arms, but if I still have a lingering headache I'll just to a lower intensity longer cardio workout.

I HAVE to get in the gym today.
}i{ Denise }i{ 

Look me up on FB ( Denise Stoddard Harman). Please mention OH in your request.
puddin2day
on 1/6/10 1:13 am - Los Angeles, CA
I ran for 30 minutes this morning.
Without struggle, there is no progress.

morgansmommy
on 1/6/10 1:37 am, edited 1/6/10 12:11 pm - Gig Harbor, WA
I had a lazy day. I would not have gone to the Y at all if i had not had to take my daughter to her hip hop class. I rode the recumbant bike for 5 miles/30 minutes with it on a level 5 or resistance of 5, I am not sure what that number means. I have not been on an exercise bike in years. I feel like there is a stigma to them that only fat out of shape people ride them. I was not out of breath but did get a bit sweaty but my HR was only in the 90's. Better than just sitting and reading a magazine I hope.
Mary
That was actually yesterday! I am off on my days for some reason.
I did an hour of Zumba today; Wednesday
Scott William
on 1/6/10 3:21 am
That's fiunny that you mention the stigma.  At the gyms that I go to it seems like the bike is for people who are rehabbing or are a bit older.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
morgansmommy
on 1/6/10 4:58 am - Gig Harbor, WA
That makes me feel better; they probably thought I was rehabing from an injury. I am 43 so hopefully they did not think i was too old to do anything else!
Mary
Hawgman
on 1/6/10 3:23 am - TX

Five miles in 48:00.
Felt great!

jet03
on 1/6/10 5:57 am - Canada
Did a yoga class this afternoon and might go to the gym after my massage appointment. My piriformis is misbehaving when I run, so getting that looked after tonight. If RMT says I can run tonight, will do some time on the tm.

Jet

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wxRQRwT/weight.png">>

Duane1064
on 1/6/10 7:22 am - Bloomington, IN
 I did five miles on the treadmill.  Same as yesterday.

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Darrell H.
on 1/6/10 8:09 am - Sinton, TX
4.25 miles at 10:30 pace
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Most Active