Tuesday Workouts

Scott William
on 1/5/10 5:54 am
Today was my rest day so I did a mile and a half on the TM and legs.  Leg press, extensions, hammie curls, front squats and stiff leg dead lifts.

You?
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Linn D.
on 1/5/10 5:59 am - Missoula, MT
I'm officially mentally in training mode now.  The first tri of the season for me is in April and sign-up is in less than a week.

Did the early AM spin class then did 2 miles on the TM at 7.0.  Legs aren't used to the bricks yet, but soon...

Linn 
Scott William
on 1/5/10 6:22 am
Linn flying on the TM!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
jet03
on 1/5/10 6:03 am - Canada
I did the recumbent bike for 25 minutes.

Jet

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wxRQRwT/weight.png">>

Duane1064
on 1/5/10 7:31 am - Bloomington, IN
 I did five miles on the treadmill.  

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Katie H.
on 1/5/10 8:11 am - Charlton, MA
10 minutes rowing
20 minutes lifting (chin ups, dead lift & benching)
25 minutes on the walk/jog eliptical

Not the best gym day, but at least I got back into the groove of going in the morning!

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

blessedabundantly
on 1/5/10 8:20 am - Abilene, TX
I did a lot of stuff today. :) I am so excited to be back in the gym. :)

I did 50 minutes on the treadmill which ended up being a total of 2.36 miles. I did notice that my hip didn't hurt as much on the treadmil vs the track.

I also did legs, abs and some arms. I use the machines, not the free weights. :)  I did the torso rotation (2 sets of 20 at 40lbs), glutes(1 set of 20 @ 50), hip ad(4 sets of 10@ 4)and ab-duction(3 sets of 15 @ 5) -these 2 just have numbers 1-whatever, not lbs, calf extention(3 sets of 10 @ 30), leg extention(2 sets of 15 @ 15), seated leg curl(2 sets of 15 @ 30), seated leg  press(3 sets of 15 @ 50), shoulder press( 2 sets of 10 @ 10), and lateral raise( 2 sets of 10 @ 10) machines.

I made notes in my notebook so I would know which ones were too hard, too easy, or ok. 

I'm going back tomorrow to do something. :) Arms and some cardio of some sort. :)
}i{ Denise }i{ 

Look me up on FB ( Denise Stoddard Harman). Please mention OH in your request.
puddin2day
on 1/5/10 8:49 am - Los Angeles, CA
I am going to run 45 mins today.
Without struggle, there is no progress.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/5/10 9:35 am - Fort Worth, TX
I ran 5 miles on TM at 7mph, then, oh boy.... 225 flights of stairs on stairmaster in 45 minutes... Can we collectively say I "Slimed" that poor stairmaster, every inch of it, with my sweat!!! So much for the rest day.... Catch ya later!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Rob S.
on 1/5/10 10:27 am - DE
So today I started at my new gym.   I was a little worried because for 6 1/2 years I have had terrific spinning instructors and awesome encouragement.   So I got to the spin class early to check in with the instructor, got my bike set up, and proceeded to enjoy a 1 1/2 hour spin class.  I think everything will be ok.  I worked out on the weights for about 1/2 hour after the class.
Rob
Most Active