Pre/Post workout snack/meal ideas

blessedabundantly
on 1/3/10 10:50 am - Abilene, TX
I am getting back into the gym this week. I won't have any problems for the first couple of weeks with eating afterward, because I'll be coming home.

However, I start back to school on Jan 18th and I have scheduled my gym time on MW before classes start and Tue after classes start. I'm looking for some good, cheap, ideas for meals/snacks I can eat after my workouts on the way to class on MW and before my workouts on Tue.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed. :)
}i{ Denise }i{ 

Look me up on FB ( Denise Stoddard Harman). Please mention OH in your request.
Zeldarin
on 1/3/10 4:29 pm - IN
From what I am reading, the best thing you can have directly following a workout is chocolate milk!!!  This would be easy to drink on your way to class...  Robin  ( I buy the Horizon Organic single serving to take with me, they don't have to be refridgerated! )

HW/SW/CW/GOAL
217/206/145/136
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda April 8th/2010
Mini AL, Mini TT, Medial TL, BA, Lipo

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/3/10 5:34 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Anything that has a 4:1 Carb to Protein ratio is best... Choco Milk has a great balance, but may cause dumping... Some rice cakes and string cheese, or granola, just keep that ratio in mind and find what works best for you...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/3/10 5:35 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Scratch the dumping... you are banded :)
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

jet03
on 1/3/10 8:37 pm - Canada
I am also banded and often drink chocolate milk post work out. I have spoken with the dietitian at the bariatric clinic, and she said this was an excellent choice.

Jet

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wxRQRwT/weight.png">>

blessedabundantly
on 1/3/10 11:21 pm - Abilene, TX
Thanks for the  ideas. Chocolate milk would be super easy and if I use the Mootopia milk from HEB I won't have to worry about getting enough protein in for the day.

}i{ Denise }i{ 

Look me up on FB ( Denise Stoddard Harman). Please mention OH in your request.
Most Active