sunday workouts

mcarthur01
on 1/3/10 4:06 am - Cumming, GA
since the cold snap has reached the south, i ran my long run for the week on the treadmill... blechh!

anyway, 10 minute warmup/cool down and 11 miles running averaging a little over 7.2 MPH, finished in 91 minutes and some change....

next...
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Iman M.
on 1/3/10 4:37 am - Arlington, VA

2 miles on the elliptical at 6 MPH and 1.5 miles on the treadmill at 3 MPH.  Sick with a cold but still managing to work out.  kinda motivated by this posted!!!

Highest weight: 325.5 (2008)                   Surgery weight: 323.5 (1/8/09)

****Got pregnant in May 2011 but lost the baby in August 2011...Gained some weight so trying to get back on track...I hate PCOS.
Linn D.
on 1/3/10 5:22 am - Missoula, MT
Having all sorts of trouble so far this weekend, but I managed to make it to spin class this morning (though I was late because the dog wouldn't eat then I forgot my bike shoes and had to go back and get them).  It was a long class, so I still got 50 good minutes in.

Then, I was a very good girl and got into the pool.  I wasn't sure how it was going to go, but I finally got into a better groove after about 300 yd.  I DID make at least ONE goal this weekend - I swam 1000 yd. today.

Linn
mcarthur01
on 1/3/10 5:28 am - Cumming, GA
bummer about your weekend... as the stranger from the Big Lebowski summed it up "sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, well... he eats you".  here's to you eating the bar next time :)
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Linn D.
on 1/3/10 5:46 am - Missoula, MT
Thanks Bill.  It's just funny how we get all mentally prepared for something and everything gets messed up.  I'm usually more adaptable than that, but some days just go that way.  

I did make my sign to put on the tread for tomorrow.  It says, "I often run several miles and sometimes need to use the potty frequently.  If this note is here and I'm not, I'll be back in a few minutes.  
Thanks."  I made it in LARGE type, so there won't be any reason to not see it!

Linn 
Scott William
on 1/3/10 6:40 am
I did 1.75 miles on the TM and hit some weights.  I had a guy there that I work with.  He has competed in the Mr. Connecticut so I had to impress.  Luckily, I have finished with my build up phase and was able to pump out 8 reps with each arm with 60 lb dumbells.  I don't think he even saw but It still motivated me to pu**** a bit.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
rowenusmc
on 1/3/10 10:31 am
5 miles on the recumbent bike at a 17.5 mph pace, then 1 mile on the ellptical in 10 minutes, then another mile on the recumbent at 20 mph.  Excellent work out.  Short, fast and hard.  RNY was December 9th and I have dropped 33 pounds so far.

morgansmommy
on 1/3/10 10:51 am - Gig Harbor, WA
I went to the YMCA for my usual Sunday Zumba. I have not been since the end of October before surgery; it was nice to be back.
Mary
sunni1974
on 1/3/10 11:54 am
 45 minutes on stationary bike and 45 minutes strength training...hmmm also walked to and from work in the snow so will add another 25 minutes to the time I spent moving today.

326 start weight 280 day of surgery        
(deactivated member)
on 1/3/10 12:06 pm - Fat City, NJ
 2 miles running, 15 mins on the bike and a quick back and bi's workout.
Most Active