Running Goals for 2010

jet03
on 1/3/10 7:40 am - Canada
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, but thought it was a good place to share my 2010 running goals. I started running last year. I ran my 1st 5k in early October, then my 2nd at the end of October. On January 1st, I took part in the Resolution Run. Running conditions were not optimal, snow-packed side streets!

Running outside in the winter just gave me the urge to get out and run more often. As a result, I have 2 running goals for 2010.

1- Run a 10K by early Summer
2- Run a half marathon in October

Running the 10 doesn't phase me, but if I'm being honest, I do find the half daunting. I have a friend who is doing this with me, so watch out 2010!

Been having issues with my left piriformus muscle; it literally is a pain in the a** !! LOL!! I do have a good RMT who does active release technique, so between that & stretching, I am hoping it will all work out.

Happy exercising everyone.

Jet

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wxRQRwT/weight.png">>

trishy
on 1/3/10 8:52 am
Great goals to set for yourself.  I started running December 2008. However, I had some surgery in November that took me down for a bit.  So I will share mine with you as well...

1. Improve 5k time by at least 30 seconds a race.
2. 10k  in March. 
3. Half in October

Revision Band to Sleeve scheduled 10/29

blessedabundantly
on 1/3/10 9:07 am - Abilene, TX
I just want to get started running. :)
I've worked out my workout plan at the gym. I have scheduled it around my classes and I'll start on Tuesday once the kiddos go back to school.

I am going to do a 5k in April. That's all I've got on the agenda as far as events.
}i{ Denise }i{ 

Look me up on FB ( Denise Stoddard Harman). Please mention OH in your request.
Scott William
on 1/3/10 9:28 am
Welcome Jet.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/3/10 9:43 am - Fort Worth, TX
Welcome and I think you have some great goals in place.... All of you do!!!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

jet03
on 1/3/10 9:56 am - Canada
Thanks everyone. January of 2009, I thought I would fly off the treadmill if I set it higher than 3.5! I gradually worked my way up to 4; feeling brave at this point, I decided to try running. I haven't stopped since!

My 1st  5K was a fundraiser here in Canada called Run for the Cure put on by the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. This event takes place accross the country on the same day, I had lost my 39 year old cousin to cancer earlier in the year, so I decided to run in her memory. It was an awesome day charged with emotion.

Bagpippers lead the survivors out to the starting line, then everyone else follows. My daughter, who also ran, waited for me at the finish line. It's a great event.

Because of the cold and snow, I mostly train indoors at the gym. What a difference a year makes! If I can do this, anyone can.

Jet
Seht
on 1/3/10 2:09 pm
You know Jet, the half terrified me too.  I had a miserable 10k one year before my 1/2, and was thinking how am I going to do this.  I was also sick for a couple weeks before the 1/2 marathon.
But you know what, it wasn't that bad.  It was actually easier than the 10k was 1 year earlier.

The emotions of the day, having all those other runners out there, the fact that I had trained my rear end off during that time, really made a difference. 

Get yourself a plan, and stick to it.  That is a great goal you have set for yourself, and I think you will be surprised how well you do come run day.

Enjoy the experience and good luck to you,

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Rob S.
on 1/3/10 8:57 pm - DE

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your 2010 goals.
Rob

mcarthur01
on 1/3/10 10:20 pm - Cumming, GA
great, and acheivable, goals!  best of luck to you and welcome to the board!
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/10 10:54 am
Great goals everyone!

Mine:

10K in March
8-mile long runs starting in April (1/week)
Full in October (Hartford)

Wish me luck! I trained for a full back in 2003 when I was in great shape and never got to do it -- even after two 20-mile training runs! I want to do this and get that monkey off my back!!
Most Active