Morning World ...

MatthewDM617
on 1/1/10 9:18 pm - Bethesda, MD
Just got back from the gym.  Amazing to see everyone who has the resolution to work and who is serious.  Who will not be back in a month and people you recogixe as the same crazy fool you are there everyday.  Working out is like a job.  To succeed you have to committ and not waiver.  Remember we got a gift when we had surgery and that gives up a little bit of a leg up but we still have to work hard to get where we want to be.

Ok just some thoughts.  I am off to shower and see what the day brings.  Peace out and best always.
DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/1/10 9:52 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Jan 1st is a dreaded day for me at the gym, because there are no parking spots... The good news is 3 weeks from now that will change.... Well said bro. It's a testimony to me that life and this WLS journey is so much more of a marathon and not a sprint. Just keep pushing forward... I posted in the other thread yesterday, but was curious which IM / IM's you have done? Have an awesome day!!! Time to go run 35 miles....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Scott William
on 1/1/10 10:17 pm, edited 1/1/10 10:18 pm
Hey man.  Nice to meet you.

I had a different experience at the gym.  Same people and it was not as full as it usually is.  Good for me.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Scott William
on 1/2/10 12:06 am
P.S.  -  skeptical
Scott

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/2/10 11:16 am - Fort Worth, TX
In a deep pre-puberty voice.... Whatchu Talkin bout Willis?

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

Scott William
on 1/2/10 1:38 pm
Just skeptical of the OP.  That's all.
Scott

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/2/10 9:54 pm - Fort Worth, TX
That makes 2 of us....

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

Andy Kovatch
on 1/3/10 12:21 am - York, PA
Make it 3.  My earlier post had a tad bit of sarcasm in it, in case you didn't catch it.  Lets be realistic here fellas.  It taks YEARS AND YEARS of dedicated workouts to even come close to have that type of body.  And that's not even bringing up the fact that he was supposed to have been morbidly obese just two years ago.  I have no problem in speaking my mind.  Matthew is nothing more than someone with mental issues that needs to come onto a wls website to float his own ego.

My question to him is "why"?  Is it an inferiority complex?  Does dude honestly expect people to believe his load of crap?  Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

"No matter how hard life may get, no matter how many curveballs you are thrown, keep in mind, if you want to succeed - QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION"!!!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/3/10 4:47 am - Fort Worth, TX

Yeah... He said he went from 390 or so to 139 in 2 years??? In that profile pic, there is no way that much muscle weighs 139 unless he is 4 feet tall... Anyways, not looking to badmouth, it's just interesting he says he does Ironman and runs 20 miles EVERYDAY except Sunday, and when I ask him which IM's I get Crickets. It's all good, I guess there is room for all types... Coatesville huh??? I sure miss going through there on the way to Honebrook Golf Course and of course.... Shady Maple LOLOLOL... (I would never get my money's worth these days). I moved to TX from West Chester and had my office in Exton.... Take care

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

Katari
on 1/2/10 5:28 am - OR
I wasn't at the gym...LOL. I was out running in the rain...Yeah, I'm kinda crazy like that. I'd much rather be outside than in a gym. I do work out on my total gym at home on occasion (like if there is snow and ice). I was a member of a gym for awhile and did notice the same thing. It was amazing the number of people that show up right after the 1st and fizzle out within a month or so.
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Most Active