saturday workouts

mcarthur01
on 1/2/10 2:20 am - Cumming, GA
back home and back to the gym today... had a good vacation and some good workouts w/ my family in North Carolina including some long runs and rides...

today i did 35 minutes of weights (chest/tri), 35 minutes of stairmaster (173 floors), and 40 minute of hard spin w/ intervals (average of 24 MPH)....

next
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Katie H.
on 1/2/10 2:31 am - Charlton, MA
10 minute warm up on rowing machine
20 minutes of weights (squats, chest dips, bent over rows)
35 minute run (5.6 pace)
10 minute cool down on rowing machine
stretching

shoveling the walkway & driveway :)

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

Katari
on 1/2/10 5:23 am - OR
I did a 25 minute run. Haven't the slightest clue what pace, just slow. LOL. I'm getting faster though!
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Iman M.
on 1/2/10 6:35 am - Arlington, VA
3.25 miles on the elliptical and 1.25 miles on the treadmill.

Highest weight: 325.5 (2008)                   Surgery weight: 323.5 (1/8/09)

****Got pregnant in May 2011 but lost the baby in August 2011...Gained some weight so trying to get back on track...I hate PCOS.
DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/2/10 6:40 am - Fort Worth, TX
Weight: Height:

Enter Your Workout Data

Activity: (?)
Time Taken: : : (4:44:17)
# Laps:    

Calculated Workout Stats

Lap Dist: 27.18miles Total Dist: 27.18miles
Avg. Speed: 5.7mi/hr Calories: 4186(?)
Avg. Pace: 10:30min/mi Your BMI: 27.7(?)
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Katari
on 1/2/10 11:37 am - OR
Dan - I have a question for ya. I see how many calories you burn, How many calories do you eat a day?
Katie 

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/2/10 11:54 am - Fort Worth, TX
Typically 4000-5000 cals a day... :)

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

Katari
on 1/2/10 12:05 pm - OR
WOW. I can't even imagine eating that many calories. I now this sounds totally nosey, but could you give me an idea of a day's food for you. I know I won't be up that darn high, but I'm wondering how much calories should I be getting in while training for my 32 miler. (I still can't wrap my mind around trying to do a 100 miler. You are one crazy man. LOL. That's okay though, we like crazy here.)
Katie 

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/2/10 12:17 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Here is a typical day:

Breakfast #1: 2 Whole Wheat Eggos with Lots of Peanut Butter made into a kind of sandwhich and an Erin Baker's Breakfast cookie (I won a year's supply at Ironman in Louisville) THEY ROCK!!!!

Breakfast #2: 50G Protein Shake, 2 Granola bars (Honey Nut Ones ) Thats actually 2 packs and 4 bars, a Banana

Morning Snack: Nuts, Beef Jerkey, Granola, peanut butter sandwich on wheat, hardboiled egg

Lunch: Grilled Chicken Breast, veggies, rice

Afternoon snack: Jerky, nuts, granola bars, fruit,

Dinner: Whatever my wife makes

Evening Snacks: Sugar Free Fudgesicles, rice cakes, fruit smoothie w/ 42G protein powder, nuts, granola, whatever.

I always try to eat some protien before bed... String cheese, milk, or a cassiene protein shake (Cassiene in slow digesting so it takes the evening to process the whole shake and you wake up feeling awesome)

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

Katari
on 1/2/10 12:35 pm - OR
Thanks Dan! I've never heard of Erin Baker's breakfast cookie. I'll have to google that. Do you use pre-package RTD protein drinks or do you use powder and put it in what ever shake flavor you feel like for that day? I'll also have to check out Cassiene shakes. I haven't really been doing a protein shake thing at all, but would love to find something I like to help boost the amount of protein I'm getting in everyday.
Katie 

Most Active