Compression shorts?

craclemom
on 12/31/09 10:17 pm
I am really looking into starting a running program.  However the times that I have tried to run the excess skin on my legs and butt move too much to allow it to be comfortable.  Would compression shorts help with this problem?  If so, what would be your recommendations as far as style or brand?
Thanks!

251/145/145
Highest/Current/Goal     

DANCBJAMMIN
on 12/31/09 10:38 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Heck ya girl... Get you some compression. Walmart has some for cheap, Target, and sporting good stores as well. PErhaps, now that it is colder outside, 3/4 length compression gear for your legs would help out tremendously. Best of luck, it's really a great thing you are excercising!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Scott William
on 1/1/10 2:22 am
Compression shorts are awesome.  I had to run for three days without them last week and it was tough.  The sticky thighs were rubbing enough to get a fire started.  Very uncomfortable. 

I may be a compression short snob but I really like the expensive ones better than the cheap ones.  I have found some Champion brand and they were good.  The Nike and Under Armor are really good.  I have also used Reebok boxer briefs that were an elastic type fabric.  They have worked fine and cost about half as much as the real compression shorts.

Anyway, well worth it!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
MatthewDM617
on 1/1/10 4:58 am - Bethesda, MD
UA has good ones but I swear by Champion.  As a runner now that I am post-op I recommend them.  As a CPT I think you will find them very helpful too.
DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/1/10 6:54 am - Fort Worth, TX
What tpe of distances are you running bro?

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

MatthewDM617
on 1/1/10 9:25 am - Bethesda, MD
Ironman and Marathon.  I run 20 miles per day but Sunday on top of my workouts.
DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/1/10 9:29 am - Fort Worth, TX
You run 120 miles p/ week? WOW! What IM's have you done?

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

Linn D.
on 1/1/10 7:37 am - Missoula, MT
Are you running outside?  If so, you might also consider getting some running tights.  They have some at Road Runner Sports (online also) as well as most running stores.  I don't personally use them, but a lot of people I know like them a lot.  A lot of other ladies I see use the capri-length ones. They like them for support through the whole thigh area.

Try on a few kinds and see what you feel comfortable in.  Good luck starting your new program!  I'm one of the oddballs *****ally like to run.

Linn
craclemom
on 1/1/10 7:58 am
Thanks everyone.  I have been looking online at some tights, capris and shorts.  I think because of the thigh area issues I will go with the capris or tights.  Now to get them and begin!!!

251/145/145
Highest/Current/Goal     

Noelle1026
on 1/1/10 1:01 pm - West Islip, NY
does anyone know of anywhere that sells plus size compression shorts?   I have lost  over 100 lbs....but still am a 1x or 2x in most clothes...still have a bit to lose.  But that being said I have made up my mind to start running...figured it could definitely give me a boost towards my goal...

Most Active