Looking for a New Routine

JodiGirl
on 12/30/09 8:33 am - CA
Just had surgery a few weeks ago and ready to get back to the gym. I need a good outlined routine..Anyone ever go to a trainer to see what they reccommend? What are your daily routines like? Thanks and Happy New Year
What A Exciting Journey This Is~ 
JodiGirl   

7_5_1411.gif picture by morbid2thebone
texanqt
on 12/30/09 8:55 am - Melbourne, FL
Do Cardio and lift weights! The pounds will melt off.  Just make sure you change up your cardio after awhile so you trick your body. =)
DANCBJAMMIN
on 12/30/09 10:49 am - Fort Worth, TX
No weights for 6 weeks at least... Right now the best thing would be to walk, walk, walk... When you are feeling more comfortable, mix in some jogging and some cross training. You will be great!!!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

jenjengrins
on 12/30/09 10:53 am - Olathe, KS
I agree with the let your body heal comment.  Right now you just need to do minimal things like walking and then work your way into other areas.  The best advice is when you are ready try different things.  You may find something that you truly enjoy and will stick with. 

7.8 cc in a 10 cc band, Started at 378 lbs
Goodbye 300 forever and ever! 07/18/2009

Tummy Tuck August 13, 2010

lawnurse
on 12/30/09 11:08 am
I had the surgery 10 months ago and got a personal trainer 5 months ago.  She has me doing free weights, started w/ 3 lbs and am now up to 8.  As she said, it slowed weight loss as muscle weighs more than fat.  The biggest change is in my triceps;  I hardly have any "bat wings".  You need to do cardio as well: bicycle and tread mill.  I'm also up to 2 reps of 100 crunches/day but started w/ 3 reps of 10.  You need to go slow.
laminpa
on 1/6/10 9:20 am - Malvern, PA
Hi JodiGirl, congrats on the surgery.  As Dan... below mentioned, no weights for at least 6 wks.  Make sure you are cleared by your doc prior to weights.  Walking is a fabulous way to get started.  When I was ready, I found a medically-supervised program at my local gym.  There was a nurse and personal trainer there who made sure I started with the proper weights and proper form.  It was a 60 day program.  When I finished that, I found an online program that I could use to do a varied program, and had videos and written directions that I could use by myself but make sure I was doing it correctly.  There are several out there that are good.  I use www.tanyastroh.com. I'm at 150 lbs and pretty stable.  I do go up and down a few pounds but the cardio/weight combo really keep me energized and in line.
Most Active