Injured

k-neath
on 12/28/09 4:49 am
Hello all,

I have never posted here pretty much because I didn't know about this forum until a fellow member told me about it a couple of weeks ago. 
So anyways, yesterday I brought my daughter sledding and ended up injuring my tailbone.  Not sure if it is fractured or just bruised but it is painful.  I like to think I am pretty tough and can handle a decent amount of pain but this is way past my threshold.  I talked with a dr and she told me ibuprofen, ice, and relaxation are about all I can do to heal.  YIKES!!!  First of all, I don't even know the meaning of relaxation these days.  Secondly, I don't know what I am going to do without my daily dose of endorphins!!!  I will do what she told me to do because I don't want to end up not healing as quickly as possible due to pushing it.  I just wanted to complain  and vent to people who understand where I am coming from. 
Has anyone here injured their tailbone before?  If so, how long were you couched before going back to the gym?  I am hoping if I am really good that I can be back there by Saturday morning.  Wish me luck.
Thanks
Kelly
MacMadame
on 12/28/09 1:49 pm - Northern, CA
Is this doctor a sports medicine doctor? Because I think that advise is questionable. For one thing, ibuprofen is for inflammation and the tail bone is a bone, not tissue that can get inflamed. Second, when my tail bone starts hurting, the worst thing I can do is sit. It just makes everything worse.

Basically, you should be able to do anything that doesn't make it hurt more.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

k-neath
on 12/28/09 9:55 pm
Hello,

Thanks for the information.  The area is definitely inflammed and the ibuprofen has been helping quite a bit.  Basically everything hurts except standing so I've been doing a lot of that the last couple of days.  I am hoping a few days of taking it easy will do the trick but I really don't feel any better today than yesterday so I'm a little nervous about how long it's really going to take to feel better.  Thanks again for your reply.

Kelly
Most Active