Hematuria-Blood In Urine

Duane1064
on 12/22/09 7:42 pm - Bloomington, IN

Sunday after I ran ten miles outside I went directly to the YMCA and used the restroom before I got on the stationary bike.  When I urinated there was a large amount of blood in my urine.  I was shocked to say the least.  As the night passed the hematuria dissipated.  I've not noticed any since.

History and Physical:

1. No low back pain...no possibility of kidney stone passing.
2. No history of hematuria.
3. Hydration; I may not have taken in as much liquids for the day as I should have, especially water.  At lunch my wife and I split a strawberry lemonade drink....red food coloring in it I would suspect.  We also split some diet soda.
4. Normally my urine is almost clear or a light yellow....never cloudy.

Has this ever happened to any of you?  I've put the discoloration as a result of improper hydration, food coloring, and perhaps the pounding and jarring of running ten miles and weighing 245lbs.

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
DANCBJAMMIN
on 12/22/09 9:46 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I drink red colored sugar free crystal light everyday, jar my body a round quite a bit as you know, and have been dehydrated, but have never peed blood. That does not sound normal. So, when you say there was blood in your urine, was it actually red, or was it just real dark? Now, I have had that problem when I have been really dehydrated. If it persists I would def get to the Doc... Also, I would stay away from the soda all together bro... Hope it clears up soon!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Duane1064
on 12/22/09 10:07 pm - Bloomington, IN

No, it wasn't the kind of dark you get from dehydration or ketosis.  It was cloudy blood.....As for the soda we hardly ever drink it.  I prefer water or tea.  It's still a myster to me.

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Jesse_James
on 12/24/09 4:44 pm
Do the same workout again. See if it recurs.  If it does, a urine sample needs to be analyzed for whether it's hemoglobinuria, myoglobinuria or true hematuria.  They have different causes and work-up so you have to get it sorted first what the red urine is.

loose -- (adj)  not tight
lose - (verb)  to rid oneself of

Most Active