Wellington to change sports??

Seht
on 12/22/09 3:17 am
An online article from Triathlete magazine is reporting that Chrissy Wellington may switch her primary focus to cycling in an attempt to take on 2012 olympics as a cyclist.

I wonder who will be more successful.  Her attempt at the Olympics, or Lance's attempt at Kona.
May never be able to compare though, because Lance certainly will get an entry into Kona.  The ratings and publicity opportunities for that are just too big of an upside.  However Chrissy isn't going to get handed an entry into the Olympics.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 12/22/09 12:29 pm - Fort Worth, TX
While Chrissy is an amazing cyclist, she is a crazy fast runner... I wonder what her chances are in doing the Olympics in three seperate sports... Endurance Swim (A newly added sport to the olympics), cycling on a road bike, and marathon. THAT would be crazy!!! Could you imagine getting three medals in 3 DIFFERENT sports? I don't  think that has EVER been done. Either way, it will be interesting to see how this unfolds...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Seht
on 12/22/09 11:30 pm
Carl Lewis has medals in the long jump and a couple different running events, he was the first person who came to mind, but not 3 completely different disciplines.

That would be increadible to see someone medal in 3 seperate events.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active