not losing anymore

nate2009
on 12/21/09 9:42 pm - Lebanon, OH
I started working out about 2-1/2 weeks and stopped losing weight. I have not changed how I am eating. I lost 114#'s in about 5 months , so I know I am probably putting some muscle back on. It's just scary to stop losing so soon with so far to go , knowing where I came from and not ever wanting to go back. Did anyone else go through this?
    No longer about weight , it's all about living.            
DANCBJAMMIN
on 12/21/09 9:48 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Everyone experiences stalls. Stay off the scale for a while bro (Easier said than done I know). While the scale may not be moving, I'd put money on it that your clothes are fitting much better. Keep up the great work  and don't worry about the scale not moving temporarily....You da man!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Seht
on 12/21/09 11:47 pm
I absolutely stalled when I started running.

My coach warned me not to freak out when I started ramping up my workouts.
He said I would probably stop losing, may actually gain, but to use the way my clothes were fitting as a guide.  As long as I'm not having to struggle to button pants that were fitting well, it's probably muscle that is going on.  You may also see an increase in apetite.  That's normal as well.

Keep up the good work.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

wjoegreen
on 12/22/09 11:44 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
Its just a plateau buddy.  I started jogging at 277 and got shin splints, so I kept working the planand walking and tried again at 266. While I plateaued or stalled numeorus times for 3-8 weeks at a time, I got down to 224, then stablized at 234.  I am convinved of 2 things:

1. I might have lost more weight if I had not started jogging.
2. The weight lost would have been more overall because of muscle mass loss in addition to the fat loss.

I am grateful I found this board and got motivated to up the exercise.  I am positive beyond any doubt I am more toned and definitiely a healthier me even though I have yet to get to that goal weight of 200 and a 36 pants.  Keeping the muscle mass and tone have enabled me to be healthier and maintain my wieghtloss because I have more muscle mass toburn calories and feel stronger and more able to lead an active lifestyle. 

I am In my 4th year post op and after getting my running sidetracked with a hip surgery to remove a bone spur in year 3, and a more recent broken big toe from playing basketball with a bunch of 35 year olds, I am more active than I have been since I was 30 and i am 52.

I also still hold to my protein, water and vitamin intake regime.

You just have to be a little more patient but my experience is as has been suggested.  The scales lie, be more concerned with your waistline and measurements.  Pictures don't lie.

Keep the faith!
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
nate2009
on 12/23/09 12:30 am - Lebanon, OH
Thanks guys for your input. That what I hoped to hear.
    No longer about weight , it's all about living.            
runningagain
on 12/23/09 9:40 am - NY
I totally agree with Joe.  I've been working out faithfully now for almost a year and lately, the scales aren't moving, but everyone keeps telling me that I look like I've lost more.  My clothes are baggier too.  Last week, I thought for sure I'd lost about 2 pounds, and weighed myself and nothing!!  There is truth to the muscle thing.  Keep up the good work!
Most Active