Explanation for my absence (Good news)

saxman007
on 12/21/09 7:35 am - Port Huron, MI
 Hey all,
I haven't been slacking off on my work-outs, just haven't gotten on-line a whole lot lately.  I actually got engaged yesterday and we're super excited about it.  It's been a whirlwind of a relationship and we're hoping for an August wedding (pending hall availability.)  
She is starting to run and has a goal of doing a marathon.  She's looking at doing the 1/2 marathon at the flying pig, her difficulty is that she has fibromyalgia so we're not sure just how feasible of a goal that is.  If we do that I will at minimum be doing the 1/2 with her if it won't screw up my ironman training I may just do the full.  
So send some prayers my way as I am doing Ironman CdA June 27th AND trying to plan an August wedding.  It'll be crazy and hectic, but that's been the story of our relationship so it fits.
Hopefully as things settle down slightly and I get to post my training activities and read more of the great race reports you guys are posting!
--Dan
Linn D.
on 12/21/09 9:06 am - Missoula, MT
Congratulations Dan!

Young relationships are so much fun!  I'm glad you found that special someone.

Linn 
Cassie W.
on 12/21/09 9:23 am
Congratulations Dan!

Enjoy all the fun of planning for your big day!  May your love deepen and grow as you fulfill your pledge to each other.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Michelle B.
on 12/21/09 6:50 pm - Augusta, ME
Congrats Dan
DANCBJAMMIN
on 12/21/09 9:34 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Dan,

There is really NO excuse for not being online!!! Just messing my brother. So excited for you guys! Fibromyalgia is a tough thing, it probably just boils down to how she is feeling on race day. I wish you all the best in your new life together, and you will have no problem balancing out the wedding and CDA. Let me know how I can help  in anyway with your preperations and keep fighting the good fight. YOU ARE DA MAN!!!!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

mcarthur01
on 12/21/09 10:06 pm - Cumming, GA
congrats Dan!  when planning the wedding, just remember to nod your head a lot and do a lot of agreeing :)  even if you don't give a crap about what kindof flowers are on the tables.... makes my head hurt just thinking about it again :)
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Seht
on 12/22/09 1:37 am
Congrats Dan,

Best wishes to you and your fiance.
I hope you have a great new year.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MacMadame
on 12/23/09 12:16 am - Northern, CA
Congrats!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active