Help me win back my registration

Seht
on 12/14/09 8:23 am, edited 12/14/09 8:26 am

So I'm looking for powerbar/granola/energy bar wrappers.
Last years winner had a pro athlete ringer help them win. 

If you have any you can send to me let me know, I'll send you an addressed stamped envelope so there won't be any cost to you.
Thanks.

Win back your entry fee - 2010 Vineman Ironman 70.3

In 2009, Vineman ran a contest, giving the participants of the Vineman Ironman 70.3 a chance to win back their entry fee. Our winner was Laurie Kehl who, as we suggested, asked her friends to help her in collecting wrappers. One of the people that joined in to help Laurie was pro triathlete, Becky Lavelle. Laurie was able to collect just over 1300 wrappers! Well done Laurie!!
Though we had only a handful of people participate we managed to collect approximately 1750 energy bar and granola bar wrappers with the contest! The wrappers were then sent to Terracycle for the wrapper brigade. What is a wrapper brigade you ask? Go to www.terracycle.net for more information and then read on for how you can win back your entry fee in 2010. 

Yes we are offering athletes the chance, once again, to win back their entry fee for Vineman Ironman 70.3. At the same time you would be helping out the environment. Simply save energy bar and granola bar wrappers from now until race day and bring them with you to packet pickup the day before the race or on race day to the finish line.
In May of 2008 Vineman signed up for the TerraCycle wrapper brigade and to date has recycled over 4500 wrappers. After being collected the wrappers get sent to TerraCycle who in turn makes the wrappers into tote bags and purses. For each wrapper collected, 2 cents goes to an organization of choice. Vineman has chosen the Sonoma County Bike Coalition.

Think you can’t collect that many wrappers? Well, if you are a member of a tri club/team or cycling club/team just ask all of the members to save their wrappers. You can make it a group effort and if you are the one that wins your entry fee back you can put it toward a party for everyone. If you belong to a gym or own a bike or tri shop, put posters up asking people to save their wrappers. Or if you put on an event of your own, collect wrappers there!

The person that collects and turns in the most wrappers will win back their entry fee for the 2010 Vineman Ironman 70.3. Here are the details:

• The minimum number of wrappers needed to be eligible is 750.
  • You should bring wrappers with you to packet pick up the day before the race and turn them in to Amy, the registration coordinator. If you prefer to mail your wrappers, this is acceptable as well but all wrappers need to be mailed together at one time. (mailing address is: Vineman PO Box 6007 Santa Rosa, CA 95406)
  • Wrappers should be submitted in a sealed envelope or bag with your name and contact information.
  • All wrappers will be counted during the week after the race and the winner announced on the website, after which time a refund check for the entry fee will be mailed out.
  • For the person that turns in the second highest number of wrappers will get a piece of Vineman apparel of their choice.
  • Please note that ONLY energy bar wrappers and granola bar wrappers with the silver inner lining will be accepted....no gel wrappers please!!!

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Katari
on 12/14/09 9:00 am - OR
I responded to the post of the MB. But I have wrappers for you. When do you run the race? In other words how much time do you have to collect them?
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Seht
on 12/14/09 9:05 am
The race date is in July.
July 18th to be exact.

So I could either send an envelope now, or then.  

Thanks

Scott 

Katie H.
on 12/14/09 9:18 am - Charlton, MA
Do they have to be powerbar brand? Or will any brand (Luna) do?

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

Seht
on 12/14/09 12:06 pm
Any brand will work.

Thank you!

Scott

Linn D.
on 12/16/09 7:58 am - Missoula, MT
Hey Scott,

I don't use them very often ( I generally eat a sandwich after workouts), but I do buy the Trio bars to have on hand when I get too busy to make something.  They have the silver lining in them so they should work for you.  Just send me a message with contact info and I'll be happy to save them up for you!

Linn 
cerasmyls
on 12/18/09 12:00 am - Downieville, CA
Hi Scott, omg I think it's amazing what you are doing...I have wrappers for you, and my other question is do atkins bar wrappers count?? They have the silver lining  but Im not sure if they count or not...I also have regular granola bars too...let me know...P.S. It's great to see someone from our class doing so well. I'm down to 157 and still going thank goodness..I got really sick at one point and just stopped alltogether and didn't gain..just stopped..now i'm back to losing...congrats I think your amazing!!
Seht
on 12/18/09 1:11 am
Replied in pm.

Thanks much

Scott

imkim
on 12/21/09 6:51 am - Chatsworth, CA
Scott,

I have a couple wrappers for you and will continue to save them for you. I can send you my address or you can send me yours. Let me know how you want to work this

Kim

This includes my pre-surgery weight

Seht
on 12/21/09 7:03 am
Kim,

If you send me an message here on OH, I will send you a stamped manilla envelope.
You can just stuff as many of them as you have in there and send them back some time before July.

Thank you very much,

Scott

Most Active