Goals for next year?

jenjengrins
on 12/14/09 10:49 pm - Olathe, KS
My goal is to compete in an ameteur boxing match.  I've only been training for a few months now, but thats my goal for next year! 

I also plan to play softball again this summer. 

7.8 cc in a 10 cc band, Started at 378 lbs
Goodbye 300 forever and ever! 07/18/2009

Tummy Tuck August 13, 2010

Seht
on 12/14/09 11:26 pm
Very cool, I think you have the most original goal.  I wish you the best of luck with your match.
How many rounds is it?  Are you wearing protective gear?

Keep us informed of how it goes.

Thanks

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

jenjengrins
on 12/14/09 11:42 pm, edited 12/14/09 11:43 pm - Olathe, KS
The one that I am looking at is five rounds.  I will.  It won't happen until this timeframe next year.  Just gotta keep up the hard workouts.  

And yes, I will wear protective gear.  

7.8 cc in a 10 cc band, Started at 378 lbs
Goodbye 300 forever and ever! 07/18/2009

Tummy Tuck August 13, 2010

MacMadame
on 12/15/09 2:50 pm - Northern, CA
I've got all my races planned out for next year already. Heck, I had some of them planned out half way through this year!

I'm dividing my season into 3 parts. First Wildflower Long Course, then Barb's Race, then IMAZ. With IMAZ being in Nov. and Wildflower in May, that could make for a long season so I'm going to think of it as 3 mini-seasons.

For goals, I have a general goal for each race to do as well as I think I can based on what I'm doing in training. IOW, not to have a disastrous race where I don't do what I'm capable of.

Specific goals, besides finish specific races are:

-Do the IM in less than 15 hours
-Podium in at least one race (probably a Sprint)
-Finish MOP in my Olympic races

I'd also like to qualify for Age Group Nationals but the qualification process isn't clear to me and I think I'm not doing the right kind of races in the right time period to do it. Since IMAZ is my ultimate goal, I've decided not to worry about it this year. If it happens, it happens.

I also want to get faster at everything, but I don't have specific time goals. This will be my first season where I'm not losing weight during the season so I don't think I'll make the big gains I made this year and I'm starting from a base of fitness, not the coach, so I really have no idea how fast I can progress. So I'm just going to see what happens.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Linn D.
on 12/16/09 8:12 am - Missoula, MT
Since this is Hell year in pharmacy school, I'm going to keep my goals very small and simple.  It really kills me to not be running RNR AZ this year after doing the last 5 (3 halfs, 2 fulls), but my body is just exhausted at the end of the week so long runs don't happen.  Only sprint tris for me again this year.  Might look into an Oly in September, but it depends on my training.

So my goals are:

Grizzly Tri in April (finish the 1000 yd swim in 20 minutes)
Missoula Half marathon in July (would like a sub 2-hour half)
Danskin Tri in August (be able to swim normally in open water)
Bitterroot Classic Tri also in August (finish the 750 yd swim in 15 minutes)
All Women's Run 5k in October (24 minutes?)

We'll see how the third year is treating me, and if I can, I'm going to try my hand at RNR AZ again the following January.  It's such a great race I hate to miss it.

Linn

Rob S.
on 12/17/09 10:37 am - DE
Finally decided that my goal for 2010 is going to be 5,700 miles (100/milesyear).  I'm not sure of the actual events I will register in but I figured now I'll commit to just under 110 mile per week.  This total will include both running and cycling miles.  Cassie is my inspiration for trying to achieve this based on her 1,000 miles in 2008. 

I figure going for the numbers will keep me motivated between events.  Time to start getting ready to roll on January 1st.
Rob
Most Active