Finished 1/2 marathon

bandhope
on 12/14/09 1:16 am - TX
Thank you! I'm post it shortly. Best wishes to you!
Cassie W.
on 12/13/09 7:22 pm
Congratulations Jennifer,

Glad to hear the pain subsided and you could put your training to the test.    You definitely earned an A!

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

bandhope
on 12/14/09 1:26 am - TX
Thanks Cassie! What an amazing experience it was!!!! Best wishes to you!!!
Scott William
on 12/13/09 9:46 pm
Way to go Jennifer.  Dorky gloves are perfectly acceptable at races.  You will see a lot of odd things  as you do more races.  Congrats on your finish.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
bandhope
on 12/14/09 1:29 am - TX
I know what you mean. I like to poke fun at myself. I saw lots of people wearing trash bags to keep warm until the race started and then they trashed them. It was a smart idea!
mcarthur01
on 12/13/09 9:48 pm - Cumming, GA
congrats, and great time!  i totally don't give a crap how dorky i look in gloves and hat, it's all about comfort for me  :)  i think i ran my half wearing lawn gloves....
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

bandhope
on 12/14/09 1:32 am - TX

I know what you mean and can relate. I just like to poke fun at myself. I truly didn't care what I was wearing or how I looked,  once I turned my focus to the race. Thanks for your encouragement and best wishes to you!!!

levittown_loser
on 12/13/09 10:33 pm - Levittown, PA
Congrats!  So when is the next one? 

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

bandhope
on 12/14/09 1:36 am - TX

I'm not sure.   I know for sure I plan to come back to White Rock and do the full!  My sister's company is a sponsor and they already told me they would sponsor me. I'm so excited! This is so addicting!! Best wishes to you!!

Seht
on 12/13/09 10:35 pm
Awesome, congrats on your success.

Are you already planning the next one?

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active