clueless

megan pagliughi
on 12/12/09 8:40 pm - larksville, PA
i need to know whats the best excercises to workout arms i hate my arms!!! i dont even know where to begin

Raze
on 12/12/09 9:32 pm, edited 12/12/09 9:38 pm
well if you want to burn fat off of them some sort of aerobic movement would be good.  and muscle burns fat really well, so of course building muscle

i don't lift weights, but the rule is lighter weight faster reps for lean, toned muscle, and heavier weight and slower reps for building mass and bulk. i suppose some sort of interval training to get a balance

if you want "nice arms" weight training will be necessary to some degree. just with dumbells if you like. you can probably see some instruction things on youtube. if you're dealing with loose skin however, thats a whole other matter altogether

look at this. no weights needed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhiHbBWTuqo

lots of stuff out there. pick something that sounds right for you and start! it can only be a good thing. and along with guidance you get from here, do look around youtube. just search "arm workout" or something. you'll like your arms in no time

EDIT: oh and i always forget to mention swimming because i don't swim. but that is excellent for the arms

IMO

Raze
on 12/12/09 9:44 pm
search "woman arm workout"

i found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfPRg23iRz0

get "madonna arms" lmao

IMO

boomer65
on 12/12/09 10:43 pm, edited 12/12/09 10:43 pm
Megan,

I hate working my arms too, but am LOVING the definition I have from working them.  You'll need to absolutely incorporate some weights into your workout, but you don't need to do real heavy weights.  The max I go to is 15lbs and sometimes, depending on the exercise, I'm at 3 - 5 lbs.  The most important thing is to have proper form so lighter weights are best while developing that form.

If you want some detailed suggestions pm me and I'll give you a couple of the arm/shoulders workouts that I do on a regular basis.

Franci

Seht
on 12/13/09 11:57 pm
What is it about your arms that you hate?  Extra skin?
If that is it, you can tone up some of the arm, but unless you build as much muscle as you had fatty tissue, you will not get rid of the extra skin.
Either the skin will return to normal (genetics, how old, how long you were over weight and how much all play a part in it.)
Unfortunately there is no direct exercise for skin, but you may be able to change how it sits on your body with the development of so more or better toned muscles.

Beyond that, lots of good quality high repetition exercises.  As stated before, it doesn't have to be tons of weight, unless you are trying for a body builder physique.

Good luck.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active