I Can Do Pushups!

Raze
on 12/11/09 1:16 pm, edited 12/11/09 1:18 pm
holy crap!

so my back has been acting up a little (nothing serious or limiting, but nagging) and i do a little forward bend to stretch it out. and i go a little further and think "wow, this feels different"

and i just feel like i'm lighter. also, walking around lately i feel as if my center of gravity has changed. or whatever its called. have any of you expereinced this?

anyway so l go lower and lower and before you know it i'm in push up position and i do one. and another and another and another

its been more then 20 years, guys. so i have a  feeling this is indicative of something very good

will this at least help with "man boobs" in the future and the loose skin, too?

i'm a fairly well built guy and have a lot of muscle. i wonder what i can do with it now?

you guys do push ups? how much a day? did you have a "first push up" post op, too?

its so cool

IMO

Brandi D
on 12/11/09 6:19 pm
Pushups are the best thing for sculpting the chest to either give ya perkier chick boobs.. or in your case... better man boobs :)

Just in the last month, I've started being able to do boy pushups.. I can do 12-20 in a set.. and usually try to do 3 sets...

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." ~Aristotle Onassis
Raze
on 12/11/09 6:22 pm
well i don't know if i want them to be perky. non existent would be best. "better man boobs?"

are there good ones?

lmao

IMO

Scott William
on 12/11/09 10:37 pm
I have been pretty lucky that I have always been able to do some push ups.  I was over 300 lbs when I passed my physical ajility test for my job whi*****luded 30 push ups in a minute.  I did however have a pull up moment at the gym one day.  I was working out and saw the pull up bar sitting all alone.  For kicks, I went over and tried one.  I did a few that day.  You would have thought that I cured cancer with how happy I was.

I am not sure how much building the muscle will help in decreasing the moobs but the extra muscle will help you burn more calories at rest so go ahead and work that chest.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
boomer65
on 12/12/09 10:55 pm
Congrats on doing the push-ups.  That's my goal for 2010 - being able to do a full set of proper form push-ups.  I do them now, but the form isn't great.

mcarthur01
on 12/13/09 9:40 pm - Cumming, GA
i work pushups into my chest/tri weights routine, i typically do 4 sets of 30.... i find that it's the best part of that workout.  keep up the good work, there are a lot of great moments like these, the best are when they are total surprises like this one. 
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Seht
on 12/14/09 12:16 am
That's a great feeling you got going there.

Congrats on the success and keep up the great work.

That pushup position or the aero position on the bike is when I notice the moobs the most.  If I had the cash for the plastic surgery, I'd have that taken care of right now.  Even though there is more to gain from the stomach being worked on, it's the extra skin and tissue around the chest that is the most annoying.  Compression gear only helps so much.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Raze
on 12/14/09 10:30 am, edited 12/14/09 11:42 am
great info!

thanks for the encouragement, guys

and yeah it is a great feeling. i can...move around soooo much better

pretty cool

IMO

Most Active