Ankle Injury

Waterwench
on 12/9/09 11:32 pm - portland, OR
Hey, all. I've been away from the board for a week now, trying to heal up my ankle.

Originally it was Achilles tendonitis from too much hill-work, but that has resolved. Now I have a sharp pain on that little bone that sticks out on the inside of the right ankle. I think it might actually be the beginning of arthritis. I've been doing the elliptical every day to rest the ankle, and ran on the day before yesterday. It felt fine, but yesterday morning it was stiff and very slightly painful. No swelling or anything.

One thing: I do have spider hemangiomas directly over that spot on my ankle. They don't seem inflamed, but I do wonder if there is some kind of a connection. I know that varicose veins can become inflamed and painful, so who knows? I'll just keep supporting the ankle, and slowly build back up.

I am feeling really good about my fitness journey so far--I can't believe how excellent I feel in general, and how exercise has become a source of stress relief and enjoyment for me!

"Fall down 7 times--STAND UP 8!"

mcarthur01
on 12/10/09 2:53 am - Cumming, GA
i hope everything works out for you, i know first hand how injuries can make you feel frustrated (especially if you just built up some momentum with your workouts).

careful, this stuff does get addictive , if i miss a workout or have too many rest days i feel miserable mentally...
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Most Active