Kettlebell...yes or no?

LilyFlower79
on 12/8/09 12:41 am - CO
Hi all,
I have never posted on this specific forum before, so hopefully I can get some great help. I am starting a kettlebell 12 week program and wanted to know if anyone has tried a kettlebell training workout. If so, do you think is it worth my time? I am looking to lose about 10 pounds and tone up my stomach and backside :). I don't want to get all buff or anything but a well tone shape would be great. Do you all think kettlebell is a good fit for these needs? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a bunch!!
DANCBJAMMIN
on 12/8/09 1:19 am - Fort Worth, TX
Yeah dude, Kettle Bells are awesome. Go for it! Welcome to the Board... Stick around and come back often!!!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Scott William
on 12/8/09 3:05 am
Anything that uses resistance and gets you moving is a good thing.  I have never used the kettlebells but have seen that they have done good things for some friends.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Rob S.
on 12/9/09 12:52 am - DE
I started going to a kettlebell class three weeks ago.  They are definitely intense and work all parts of the body.  It is a great way to get tone and doesn't involve really heavy weights.  Get ready to sweat.
Rob
LilyFlower79
on 12/9/09 1:20 am - CO
Thanks for the feed back everyone, I am on day two of my KB training and it is sure kicking me in the behind! I love it so far but we will have to see how I feel once I can see some results.
Most Active