TUMMY /HELP

ANGIE934
on 12/6/09 3:36 am
Hi my name is angie, I had a tummt tuck done last nov, and everything was fine my stomach was nice and flat.  so sent it have been a year I had won't to try and and tone my stomach up some. I have a chair that  isj ust for yout abs, you hold on to the handle bar and  been over i do 50 a day, but I am staring to notice that my stomach is sticking out some and when I set down i a have a little pouch. everyone keep tell me don't worry, but I am did I do someting worng by try to tone up my stomach or is this just the process and i will stateding seeing results. help.
Raze
on 12/6/09 6:18 pm, edited 12/6/09 6:21 pm
well angie i want to keep this bumped for you. i'm sure someone will reply with a more knowledgable answer, but i am just wonderin a few things. maybe if you answer these questions someone can help you better?

you had a tummy tuck? so you have no loose skin and are just wanting to "tone up?"

if you see a "lump"  (a pic of your abs would help people help you more, as the abs are very specific, i think) you might be bulking up muscle. so instead of getting "flat and toned" you are building muscle mass / bulk

which might be part of the process to flat and toned. idk? but someone here will

the abs are muscles, of course. and as someone said in another thread, you can work a muscle for lean mass are bulky mass. you might be bulding bulky mass.

ok...thats the "muscle part." worst case scenerio is the "lump" is a hernia you developed. is the "little pouch" muscle, fat, or a literal lump under the skin? something that can be pushed in and out, maybe?

in that case, get it checked. but its hard to know what you mean by "sticking out?" like your stomach is bloated / bigger....or you have SOMETHING sticking out from it under the skin?

ok...well...just want cover everything. but...if its just a general "sticking out" (like when a stomach sticks out) you may be bulking up

IMO

whipline
on 12/18/09 9:13 pm - Hamburg, NY
Angie,
  I think I know what your problem is.  You state you have a chair for your abs, on which you do fifty reps a day.  Well, I have good news and bad news.  The good news is what you are doing is working, somewhat.  The bad news is you are only 1/6 of the way there. Any personal trainerswill tell you there are 6 areas you need to work for a balanced ab routine.  You need to isolate upper abs, left and right.  Mid abs, left and right and on to lower abs, left and right.  Your little situp chair is working only one part of your abs and it sounds like the lowers.  Unofrtunately people buy machines thinking it will be all they need.  The truth is you don't need a machine at all.  You could do all this with crunches on the floor.  To work your upper abs, lay on the floor with your feet flat on the floor so your legs form a triangle with the plain of the floor.  Elevate yourself about 10 inches off the floor, twisting towards your right on one rep, to the left on your next rep.  That takes care of upper abs.  Mid abs are tougher.  Repeat the upeer abs motions, but you are going to meet your elbows with your knees.  They may not meet, they don't really have to, as long as you complete that motion to the best of your ability.  For lower abs you're going to lay flat on the floor and bring your bended knees up first towards your left shoulder, then on the next rep to your right.  Angie, these are not easy at first to get the hang of.  a little bit at a time.  When done properly you will feel it burn.  In doing so, you will have worked all six target areas fitness professionals utilize to get that coveted "six pack".
ANGIE934
on 12/20/09 2:28 am
THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Most Active