Two down!!

Katie H.
on 12/5/09 4:25 am - Charlton, MA

I ran my second 5K today!!

I did the Jolly Jaunt 5K for Special Olympics of Massachusetts in Marlborough - also raised just under $500 for my team, so yay!! 

I finished in 33:46 - almost 45 seconds faster than my previous race which I was pretty pumped about.  I did have to walk - but I only stopped twice and I made sure that my walk breaks were wicked short - mostly because physically my legs & body felt fine, but my lungs hurt.

The course had more hills than the first one I did had.  It ended at the top of a hill - which sucks, who designs a course like that?? I kind of wanted to throw up on the way up the hill, but I saw my friends up there cheering and I didn't really want to be tossing my cookies for everyone to see - little pride issue there. :)

Hmm, running could be my new thing.  I think I'd much rather be the friend who runs and can kick ass than the fat friend again.. :) 

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

Most Active